Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 4300

hey guys....i tried googling pics and couldnt find any.......but id like to see some pics of your builds of the 4300 conv. kit.....maybe that might give me some inspiration to build mine.....id like to see some pics...yes guys even 1:1 rides will do even better.....i just dont have paint thoughts with me in my head..;...HELP!

I learned how to drive tractor/trailer in a Transtar 4300 for my former job. Way under powered for the job we were using it for though. It was our "yard dog". It was fine most of the time...until we loaded 60' concrete double T's (TT's) for parking decks and had to go park the trailer. Easy to drive though. Sorry...no pics.

Edited by The70judgeman

bandit 1 I built this kit one time when i was a teen and it was pretty simple build and i didnt even paint it but even with the molded color and the decals it still looked awesome i actually want to do this kit again and the transtar eagle cabover the sleeper door and luggage compartment open if i remember right it goes well with the logging trailer or if remember right i paired it up with the tri-axle dump kit it looked awesome

Somehow I missed this post,Here is my version of this truck.

100_2902.jpg

100_2906.jpg

100_2901.jpg

this is a fun truck to build, the only problem that I found with it is the front axle is to far back.

Id post my mystic green day cab up here but after you seen this one its all down hill lol. This truck reminds me of just how them binders looked back in the day. and he added a big horse to boot!! I'm actually workin on a 9300 right now with a 60" stand up pullin a reefer. I just can't post any pics right now, dang satelite internet is out so I'm stuck on my phone.

If ya wanna see mine search mystic transtar , not real impressive but it was my first build in almost 20 years.

i think i got some colors down in my head....next thing is ...rear hendricksen suspension on it....does anyone have photos for use of referance material to make it a working suspension? ive about googled out! :mellow:

and the front suspension has problems...what is the best way to fix it?

Don't use Color Place Primer for the PPG. Color Place is an enamel and PPG is a lacquer, the lacquer paint is too hot for an enamel primer, especially Color Place

ok...i guess i need to find a can of silver somewhere? :lol: ....thanks anthony....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...