Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Paints - hard to get

So it now appears as if the Tamiya Gloss Clear TS-13 is discontiuned. What the heck is going on? I just got to using this stuff and I am loving it and they discontinue, this sucks. Anybody have any idea why?

I'd heard the TS-13 rumour at least a month ago and checked with my LHS. He immediately picked up the phone and called his distributor, they'd heard nothing about this rumour and basically denied it. Since then he's gone through lots of tamiya on his racks, including Clear (I picked up a couple of cans of it less then 2 weeks ago).

rob

California didn't screw up the air, we are apparently the only state that is taking care of it. I say this because I can look through just about any place on-line that sells auto related things, & I can find fairly new (90s) cars & trucks that in no way will ever meet any emissions test, federal or California, & these "pseudo Pro Street" things are street legal & licensed in most instances, unfortunately in our fine state they won't allow us to put a 460 in a Ranger pick-up with two fours on a tunnel ram,& nitrous, then try & put it on the street. Even in the counties where you don't have to smog check your car every year, (most are every other year) would these things even make it past the "visual" part of the inspection. Just be thankful at least a few places still want to leave something for our Grandchildren. Have you seen a picture of the sky in China lately? anywhere in the country? that is what we would look like if left up to our own.

According to the Tamiya web site TS13 clear has been discontinued. Sure hope they have a replacement as it was a great product and decal friendly.

My LHS finally got some product in but no clear ( not even the semi or flat ). Just keep checking their site for any updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe California will fall off. No offense to the California members.

not offended just both happen so quickly both labeling and tsunami.The Irvine plant will probably take the orders just it takes more time to get it through,you know how it is.

• 2 months later...