Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC "Street Funny" Kit/Series

zot

There was also a GTO. They were pretty cool, the GTO had blue tinted glass, the huge racemasters from the Ramchargers dragster, and those great zoomies. I had the GTO when it was new, and saved the glass, tires, and zoomies. I found a pic of the Vega, bit none of the goat.

vintage-mpc-chevy-vega-street-funny-vegarant_350454019142.jpg

The zoomies pictured in the auction are what caught my eye. I am pretty sure that they are in one of the reissued kits that have been released recently. Maybe in the AMT 72 or 67 GTO kits since the GTO was part of the series also. Need ti find one of my kits and see. I found a pic of the GTO.

post-4920-0-71708100-1332777473.jpg

post-4920-0-85741900-1332777483_thumb.jp

There was also a GTO. They were pretty cool, the GTO had blue tinted glass, the huge racemasters from the Ramchargers dragster, and those great zoomies. I had the GTO when it was new, and saved the glass, tires, and zoomies. I found a pic of the Vega, bit none of the goat.

vintage-mpc-chevy-vega-street-funny-vegarant_350454019142.jpg

Thanks for the pic, brings back a lot of memories.

• 4 years later...

would love to see these one come back from the dead .................................!

Yeah, me too. Street funny, Street freak, Street hero,Street is neat, you name it I'll take it. 

Thanks.    Jeff 

Would be nice to get them back! 

But most likely they will not come back since the tooling was modified and updated over the years. But, from what I was told once, the '72 SSlasher Chevelle had the Street Funny parts still in it. I have not had the chance to look at one to see if it is true. 

$_1.JPG

s-l400.jpg

• 1 month later...

Would be nice to get them back! 

But most likely they will not come back since the tooling was modified and updated over the years. But, from what I was told once, the '72 SSlasher Chevelle had the Street Funny parts still in it. I have not had the chance to look at one to see if it is true. 

$_1.JPG

s-l400.jpg

not all true it only comes with the grill and front chin spoiler ! From the street funny Chevelle ,no mag wheels or blower setup or rear spoiler.or funny car type exhaust.

• 1 month later...

Some thing very similar to the Zoomie Headers in Zot's post is in the "Smokey the Convoy Chaser" Dodge Dart kit. You might look there for some. They should have been in the 1975 Dodge Dart kit that Round2 had out a couple years ago, but I never got the kit. I did not see them on the bottom of the box in the parts layout. I have no idea why Round2 would not have thrown them in.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/26/2012 at 5:26 PM, zot said:

Maybe more of these optional parts will show up in future re-issues.

Not the best image, but the supercharger and associated chrome-plated parts are still present, so they should be part of the MPC Bill Jenkins Pro Stock reissue soon:

MPCTwisterVega.jpg.e9f24c42bc6fe9753eedf9933ead2a38.jpg