Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future Bob Glidden Pro Stock

With all of the current projects that I have ongoing this isn't going be anything making progress for a while but I was so excited about what I received in the mail today I simply had to show it off.

It's probably been about at least four to five years now since I first saw a project featured on one of the model forums regarding a resin body to enable the builder to do a Nicholson or Glidden pro stock Ford Fairmont. I was excited from the start with the possibility of being able to replicate one of these iconic cars, especially since no kit ever existed of a Ford Fairmont. Scott Popham, aka Futurratraction, was the one working on the body and at times it seemed as if he would never get this one done and ready to market it due in fact that he was so strict about every detail and overall quality of the master.

Well the wait is over and it has been well worth it. The postman dropped off my long awaited package today and to say that I am impressed with what I received is an understatement. The body is one of the best casted resin bodies that I have ever seen. No flaws anywhere. Perfect from one end to the other. And the extra photo etch pieces just help to bring it all together. A PE grill center, PE door handles and the best part is the PE top to the snorkel style hood scoop. At this point the only thing missing are the headlight and taillight lenses, which Scott is still working on and will ship out shortly when they are ready.

I highly reccomend this body to one and all. You will not be dissapointed with the product. Hopefully soon I will have some other projects done and out of the way so that I can get started on this one.

The version I will be doing.

Glidden2-vi.jpg?1333420578

DSC09992-vi.jpg

DSC09993-vi.jpg

thats cool Wayne I may have to get a hold of Scott so I can get a body and make some decals for it . I know there are 2 Glidden cars , Animal Jim and Dyno dons car . I'd do the decals for some of these cars

Chuck

I think the Animal Jim Feurer car was a Zephyr, same car different grill

Norwalk_2010.jpg

From the animal jim website http://animaljimracing.com/

One other Zephyr I know of Lee Hunter pro stock from the west coast

Hunter.jpg

From the draglist website http://www.draglist.com/draglist/category.php?VIEW=Extended&CATEGORY%5B0%5D=PS-MOUNTAIN&x=slammers&SORTBY=LNAME%2CFNAME%2CYEAR%2CENTRY%2CENG%2CMAKE%2CMODEL%2CCHASSIS&page=30

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Fairmont yesterday and pics do not do this justice, I have bought resin before and this is for me the cleanest body. The underside of it is like a styrene kit, smooth and thin and no warping and the grille and tail light panel about drop in out of the box.