Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie Limited's '48 Chevy Coupe

MPC did a pretty nice kit of a '32 Chevrolet Cabriolet, with the original issue having the option to be built as a somewhat inaccurate '33 Panel Truck.

Wasn't the 33 Chevy Panel a kit all it's own? I've had several and still have the box from one of them. The Cabriolet I purchased later to rebuild a panel I bought at a swap meet. I think it was right before or after Ertl acquired MPC.

I never remember seeing them as a kit with options?

I'm all for the 40 Chevy also!!

This is something I did to my 48 Sedan and Panel.

Steering!!

It took some fiddling and cutting, but it is possible.

Cut it all apart, drilled holes, stretched sprue pins and it

all works like the real steering right off the gearbox.

The coupe will get it too!!

post-10324-0-53524700-1375311674_thumb.j

Edited by dh1908

This is something I did to my 48 Sedan and Panel.

Steering!!

It took some fiddling and cutting, but it is possible.

Cut it all apart, drilled holes, stretched sprue pins and it

all works like the real steering right off the gearbox.

The coupe will get it too!!

Now THAT sir IS IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the 33 Chevy Panel a kit all it's own? I've had several and still have the box from one of them. The Cabriolet I purchased later to rebuild a panel I bought at a swap meet. I think it was right before or after Ertl acquired MPC.

I never remember seeing them as a kit with options?

I'm all for the 40 Chevy also!!

Yes, the Panel was released separately, but only once. I believe it was sometime in the late '60s. The original release of the Cabriolet was a Gangbusters kit, which also included the Panel body. It too was only released on time. After that release, it got butchered into the "Vampire Van", which has seen 2 reissues recently.

Yea, I have both kits your talking about but I would really like to have an acurate one, especially a coupe or 2dr sedan. really dig street rods. :rolleyes:

Gotcha, and agree 100%.

I have two of the Panel kits and also the cabrolet I also built an R&R resin 34 chev chopped coupe for a friend of mine some time back. It turned out alright but the resin was warped badly and the outside of the body extended clear out to the edge of the fenders. I also had to unchop the roof as the kit came chopped. What a challenge. Don't think I want to do it again. :blink:

A tutorial? That will have to wait until the coupe kit comes out.

I don't want to buy another sedan or delivery since both kits are already done.

I did the Delivery first and it came out so nice I assembled enough of the sedan to do the same to it.

It's actually kinda simple. Drilling the holes at all the pivot points and constructing spindles is probably the

most difficult part. Serious patience is required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

From what Gary told me a couple of weeks ago, the Coupe is scheduled to start production,very very soon. For the entire production run to be completed and then be shipped over, it sounds like we're probably talking Junish-Julyish for hobby store availability. TIM

That's soon enough. As soon as they're available for pre-order, I'll place mine.

Thanks, Tim.

Charlie Larkin