Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevy Nova Z-28 "A What If Project"

TheCat

Finally finished my What If Project... Here's my 1969 Chevy Nova Z-28.

This is what a Z-28 Nova could of looked like if Chevy ever did create this Nova model type.

Factory Z-28 Package Specs:

302 ci Engine

Z-28 Stripes

Z-28 Rear Spoiler

Hurts Shifter

Z-28 Center Console with Gauges

Cowl Hood

Rally Wheels

Here's the build.

69_Nova_Z2800m-vi.jpg

69_Nova_Z2808m-vi.jpg

69_Nova_Z2801m-vi.jpg

69_Nova_Z2809m-vi.jpg

69_Nova_Z2810m-vi.jpg

Paint it Grecian Green, and you got my first car! I put Z/28 emblems on the front and rear, and the same way you got them on yours, i had on mine. Gotta lean WAY over the fenders to get in behind the wheelwell( to be able to reach the studs on the emblems) I had Cragar S/S mags on the front and Ansen Sprint Mags on the rear. Probably one of my favorite cars I've ever owned, besides my 69 Charger R/T an 69 Super B. I didn't have the stripes your does though, didn't care for them on the Z's. Your little Nova looks cool, just like mine did! :D :D :D;)

Oh my, better get rid of that table. It's not properly flat for scale photography. :lol: :lol:

Seriously great work. I love phantom builds and this is really well done.

HAHAHA.. :lol: - yeah, I noticed that myself when I was taking the photos. I normally take the model pictures at my dinning room table that is perfectly smooth.... Unfortunately when I took these pictures I was at my folks place. I just couldn't wait for another week to take the photos at my place. :D

Well, I can't see the pictures here at work, but I will have to look at them tonight when I get home. Just from reading the comments, it reminds me of the Steve Stanford/Steve Strope Nova you can see here.

http://www.hubgarage...s/vehicles/2775

Mike.

Hi Mike - That's where I got the inspiration to build my model... But I wanted mine to be more of what you would of seen back in 1969 instead of Steve Stanford's version... that is more of a custom modified version instead of a Factory Stock version.

• 1 month later...