Model Cars Magazine Forum

SCCeh Beretta - Frustration

turn1wonder

Okay I have a question, and please don't take it the wrong way. Aside from your use of whatever paint is lying around as primer, I think you are doing a bang up job here.

Here is it. Since the hood and trunk are no longer recognizable as Chevy parts, how much work would have been saved if you had just spilced the roof, grill and taillights onto the Ford body and called it good? Seems you went the long way around the field instead of just crossing the grass. But I could be wrong.

Edited by Jantrix

Thanks for all the kind words :)

Rob (Jantrix), what do you mean? It's got a Beretta nose, a Beretta tail, a Beretta greenhouse...

There is a reason this build is just sitting now, also a reason it is subtitled FRUSTRATION, and Rob, your avatar holding up the sign "Stop in the name of humanity" is spot-on.

The sum is not greater than all of the parts.

There is no happy ending.

I have lost the desire to finish this build.

I could redo it (that seems to be my mobius opera randy lately).

This really sucks. The good thing is it is only a model, I have had many real life things suck and this is miniscule.

On to the next build!

Bob

Hehehe. This is just so cool to see. I have done some heavy modifications in my day but this is by far the heaviest mod I have ever seen! This is the ultimate in dedication. I would have thrown it at the wall by now, in frustration! Way to go, for sticking with it!

This is an epic build and you have been overcoming even the problems you caused yourself! Take a deep breath (even another build) and get back to it...you are winning!! Don't let it beat you! You've come this far and it does not seem like you have that far left to go.

I think there should be some kind of award given for completing this build ! At least some kind of recognition .

What do you guys following this build think ? Any ideas ?

TO START...He's got my repect. I wish I have his perseverence.

also we can do a build off in his name,...making a race car using the revell imsa mustang or camaro as the base, but using a diferent body and custumizing it like he is doing.

Edited by 3men2s

TO START...He's got my repect. I wish I have his perseverence.

also we can do a build off in his name,...making a race car using the revell imsa mustang or camaro as the base, but using a diferent body and custumizing it like he is doing.

I like this idea. I must confess though that i was toying withthe idea before I started to read this build. Now I'm more inspired than ever.

Wow, thanks all.

Guess I have to finish it after all!

Danny that sounds like a great idea (not the using my name part, lol), might I suggest SCCeh Build?

I have been down this concept road before, this has been my 3rd SCCeh frustration build.

I posted some of these pics before but here are my other 2 tries at this.

SCCeh Cuda, now stripped but with replacement parts to do it again...

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg4.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg3.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg2.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg1.jpg

IMSACudarebuild1200x1.jpg

Edited by turn1wonder

Glad to hear that you will finish it . Its a neat idea.

Model building is a learning experience and we do the most learning from our mistakes and I have to say you learned a lot from this model.

Get this finished and then try to avoid making the same mistakes that the next one.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

bobthehobbyguy

hang in there! i know for a fact this can be frustrating, i included a picture of just such a project i got involved in years ago, NOT to hi-jack you but hopefully inspire you. it took me i know at least 3 years to finally finish it. other than the rear wheel well area (same revell mustang you started with) and the AMT nascar olds roof, the rest IS scratchbuilt. i waited a year and a half to have the decals made! STAY the COURSE it will be worth it, trust me!!! ONWARD!!!!

post-9646-0-84748600-1337171252_thumb.jp

Edited by wcbrown

Wow, thanks all.

Guess I have to finish it after all!

Danny that sounds like a great idea (not the using my name part, lol), might I suggest SCCeh Build?

I have been down this concept road before, this has been my 3rd SCCeh frustration build.

I posted some of these pics before but here are my other 2 tries at this.

SCCeh Cuda, now stripped but with replacement parts to do it again...

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg4.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg3.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg2.jpg

IMSA_Cuda_1360x1020jpeg1.jpg

IMSACudarebuild1200x1.jpg

Nice! This build combines my love for E-bodies and Road Racing. I would love to see more on this one ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear that you change your mind. Tahnks everybody for the support.

As soon as you finish this build, We will do the SCCeh Build Off.

Build a road racing machine.

We can make the rules later.

I just ordered my IMSA Mustang chassis off of eBay (aolong with a gew other goodies B) ) for my entry of the SCCeh build off.