Model Cars Magazine Forum

Questions About A Paystar 5000?

Ok i purchased a 1/24 AMT IH Paystar 5000 and i want this to be my most detailed build yet, and not to mention it will be my first big rig ever. so as iam researching this model of dump truck and cross referencing the parts in the kit iam un clear about the engine in this kit it doesnt look like a N-14 or M-11 Cummins.... or a 3406, 3406E CAT? does anyone know if this is a mistake in the kit or there other power plants for this rig???

That engine is an International V800... This should help, as well...

15qu8vb.jpg

rc0lz4.jpg

Mike, if you ask, I'm sure someone here has the instructions for this kit and would be more than happy to scan them and send you a copy...

Edited by Wagoneer81

The kit has the drivers side air intake sideways. This is the about 1/2" 4 bar grill on the side of the hood, it is shown with the bars horizontal, but they should be vertical (up and down). This is an easy fix, just sand off the locating pins and turn it the right way.

The grill above the fender is what I'm talking about.

paystar9.jpg

I built that kit about 5 years ago and took some photos of a 1-1 Paystar I found. If those would be helpful I can probably dig them up.

Edited by Aaronw

Thank you all for the very helpful info iam excited about this build but i don't think i will do it box stock... maybe ill turn it in to a wreaker or somthing may be ill start a post about that and get more great feedback...

All the Ertl IH kits had the V-800, but if you look closely you'll notice the Paystar kits have the IH logo engraved on the valve covers, which the Transtar (at least the most recent reissue) does not. Parts interchange between the Paystar and Transtar kit engines.