Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Cougar fastback

Pat Minarick

I don't think it's the first time we've seen a fastback Cougar conversion on here, but this one is truly impressive. It appears you used Revell/Monogram parts to upgrade the chassis and engine, and I think I spy the Boss 429's hood scoop, louvers and rear spoiler, on the body. Looks like you found a way to improve the engine bay with a few Revellogram parts too. This is kitbashing at its best! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Couple questions:

1) Did you also use a Revellogram Mustang interior?

2) Did you have to do anything special to get that lowered stance.

It's really a Mustang kit with the lower part of a Cougar body.

I use a '68 Mustang front suspension moved back a little for the wheel base,I drilled new holes up higher to lower the front a little and some shorter tires,

That is a boss scoop and louvers ,but the rear spoiler is from a '69 Barracuda kit ,the Mustang one looked to big.

Glad you like it.

Very VERY smooth conversion!!!! Looks like it was factory stock! Only thig I could see was the dash, Being a Merc, it shoulda had the Cougar dash. But hey, that's just me, an it in NO WAY takes ANYTHING away from it, it's STILL an VERY nicely built model!!!! :D;)

Thanks ,I thought the sportier dash and interior would look more right with the fastback body.

I used a Revell '69 Shelby roof, interior,chassis ,and engine.

Glad you like it.

Thanx for the info Pat. I do like what you did with kit. It's so well done that if a person didn't know a Cougar didn't come that way,they would never know the difference. It's just that well put together. Job well done!

• 1 month later...