Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Chevy Pickup custom

I finally finished this one up just this morning. I bit off a little more than I really wanted to chew with it but underneath it's numerous flaws it was a learning experience. I think almost everything about it was modified, scratchbuilt or replaced. I was really happy with how the colors went together and the graphics & pinstriping worked out. Thanks for looking. Here's the wip http://www.modelcars...topic=60176&hl=

oops! just realized I'm in wrong forum. If anyone could move it for me I'd be grateful.

post-10054-0-11938600-1342126681_thumb.j

post-10054-0-01526500-1342126682_thumb.j

post-10054-0-54541100-1342126682_thumb.j

post-10054-0-16257600-1342126683_thumb.j

post-10054-0-89087900-1342126683_thumb.j

post-10054-0-56548500-1342126684_thumb.j

post-10054-0-41712100-1342126685_thumb.j

Edited by Steven2

Looks to me like you chewed it up and spit out a masterpiece. The graphics continuing through the jambs looks awesome and shows the attention to detail. I love the flip nose and that battery box is also cool looking mounted to the frame. The wheel choice is interesting, but a unique build demands unique wheels. I will be honest it is not really even my style ,but I have to admire all the nice work put into this. Excellent job and thanks for sharing.

l have big plans for this kit. One of my favorite trucks of all time. l really don't wanna like this. The color, the rims, the motor choice. But after about 10 minutes of oogling, lol, l'm loving it. Superb detail! l love the battery box & horn. the flip front hinge is almost genious! The paint is perfect with VERY well thought out graphics. The pattern of the upholstery has me scratching my head. How did you accomplish that? after in depth inspection, l wouldn't cahange a thing! Except maybe whose shelf it's on!! Beautiful job! Bart.

l have big plans for this kit. One of my favorite trucks of all time. l really don't wanna like this. The color, the rims, the motor choice. But after about 10 minutes of oogling, lol, l'm loving it. Superb detail! l love the battery box & horn. the flip front hinge is almost genious! The paint is perfect with VERY well thought out graphics. The pattern of the upholstery has me scratching my head. How did you accomplish that? after in depth inspection, l wouldn't cahange a thing! Except maybe whose shelf it's on!! Beautiful job! Bart.

Thank you Bart. I'm glad folks like the battery box. It seemed like a more practical place than under the floor since I had decided to flip the nose. The seat pattern was actually very easy. I used a piece of natural sponge and lightly dobbed the darker tone on gradually. You can buy small bags of sponge at arts and crafts places like Michaels. I can't wait to see your version of this one. If you haven't caught it yet, watch out for the alignment of the hood. You can see it sitting low on the driver side in the box photo and it also seems to sit over to the right. I never got it lined up just right and I have to fiddle with it every time I close it just to get a good compromise.