Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 NOVA

MichaelJ

I had fun w/this kit. Especially the front fenders! Just for the fun i put a 409 in this puppy...and believe it or not, the axle IS blocked.

I put some extra chrome on the body,(I'M NOT WELL). There's a little scratch build and fabrication on this one.

Not much this time. TAKE A LOOK & I HOPE YA'LL LIKE IT B)

P.S. that is RM DIAMONT base coat ,GUN METAL grey w/PPG polyurethane clear coat...

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

Thankx for lookn guy's....

Michaelj...

NICE JOB!! I like it a lot!

Nice job getting the front fenders on there! The body looks VERY nice and it's very interesting to see that mill under the hood of a Nova. B) Is that the hood from the Revell kit, by chance? edit: nevermind the hood, I can see it's not from the revell after looking again...

Although, IMHO, the new Revell Nova is a much better kit (assembly and fitment wise), there are a few things I like better about this one... The wheel openings look a lot more correct, as does the tail panel. The tail isn't that bad to fix on the Revell, but the wheel openings bother me a bit (looks more like they belong on a '69 Camaro... :huh: ).

Edited by Wayne Buck

NICE JOB!! I like it a lot!

Nice job getting the front fenders on there! The body looks VERY nice and it's very interesting to see that mill under the hood of a Nova. B) Is that the hood from the Revell kit, by chance? edit: nevermind the hood, I can see it's not from the revell after looking again...

Although, IMHO, the new Revell Nova is a much better kit (assembly and fitment wise), there are a few things I like better about this one... The wheel openings look a lot more correct, as does the tail panel. The tail isn't that bad to fix on the Revell, but the wheel openings bother me a bit (looks more like they belong on a '69 Camaro... :huh: ).

The hood is one that Tom started. It's a Baldwin Camaro spliced into the cnt. I finished it w/ filler and such. So it's actually two hood's.

Michaelj...