Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 chevy sedan delivery truck (FINISHED)

stulee11

I don't think anyone's mentioned this on this particular thread yet, but the shape of the corners of the front fenders under the headlights is REALLY REALLY WRONG on this kit and the '48 fastback. It's way too square a corner, and if you look at pictures of the 1:1 stock car, you'll see exactly what I mean. If it's not corrected, the vehicle just doesn't look right.

It was probably a liberty taken to simplify tooling somewhat, as there is a mold parting-line at the corner. Since you're going to so much trouble opening the doors, etc, it would be a shame to let the front fenders slide.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this on this particular thread yet, but the shape of the corners of the front fenders under the headlights is REALLY REALLY WRONG on this kit and the '48 fastback. It's way too square a corner, and if you look at pictures of the 1:1 stock car, you'll see exactly what I mean. If it's not corrected, the vehicle just doesn't look right.

It was probably a liberty taken to simplify tooling somewhat, as there is a mold parting-line at the corner. Since you're going to so much trouble opening the doors, etc, it would be a shame to let the front fenders slide.

thanks for the heads up... by wrong do you mean that the corners are to sharp and need smoothing ???? or if anyone could upload or discribe what it is that is wrong i would be highly thankful...

thanks again

stu:)

Yes Stu, the corners are too sharp and need rounding. The front of the model is nearly flat, and goes to square corners. The front fender corners of the real car are more rounded, MUCH more rounded.

click this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=48+chevrolet&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1NNVC_enUS493US493&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=91ogUJrgJYyg8QSO8IDwDg&ved=0CEAQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=809

hi there all back again with a little update body has had its coat of guide primer and had a little rub down...

20120808_200800.jpg

she has been put in full primer now will take pics tomoz..

did hope to get a bit more done on her but due to having my to little boys today they took up the day lol...

aint we a good looking lot

facebook_-653183506jpg.jpg

love um.

well be back tomoz with some more pics.

hope you all like her so far.

yall come back ya hear.

thanks stu :)

hi all back again but this time with some colour lol..

20120809_101306.jpg20120809_101311.jpg

it still needs wet sanding and stuff before decals and clear coat but this is the colour...

my youngest boy choose this colour. and my eldest boy choose the colour for my next model.

hope you all like the colour and overall way this is coming along.

see yall soon with some more

hi all back again but this time i got the clear all buttoned up..

close up of the colour

20120810_172207.jpg

better pic of the overall shine

20120810_172236.jpg

this part is getting me a little worried now. as the shine i have got is far better then i expected and now its come to the polishing part i dont want to wreck her... so any advise, tips, hints or any help with regards to the polishing would be much appreciated...

thanks for looking stu :)

Great project! This is one kit what I'd like to build too. You're doing great job with it, nice bodywork and excellent paint job too.

B)

this part is getting me a little worried now. as the shine i have got is far better then i expected and now its come to the polishing part i dont want to wreck her...

That's what I think everytime when I start polishing, but then I just start the polishing and hope that everything goes alright. :lol: I haven't failed polishing yet, so it can't be that difficult. ;)

few more

got the body all wet sanded and polished up

20120815_223819.jpg

its only in doors lighting so will take a better pic tomoz if the suns out lol...

finally i was going to put some custom wheels on but wen i tried to fit them they was to big for the shell so they will go on another one... but i got the box stock wheels all painted up body colour but i can't decide what ones i like better... so please can yall tell me what ones you think are better lol

20120815_224015.jpg

thanks for looking in... be back soon with some more

hi all did a fair bit on her today and last night.. had a little problem with the top radiator hose it was to short so i made a new one..

20120817_134929.jpg

here it is put on... and as you can see she is nearly in a rolling chassis..

20120817_143438.jpg

i did try to do some "washing" on it not sure if it looks ok or not but i'm sure you guys will let me know lol

20120817_143514.jpg