Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Weird but lucky day.

So it's a regular Tuesday Right, that's what I though. I got up, and out to work around 8:45, got to work around 8:50 (yes it's a 5 minute drive), when I got to work I had to drive a customer home, no problem other than the bag of garbage sitting on the floor of my truck, so I threw it on the trans hump and drove the fella home, on my way back I went around the front (Employee parking is on the far side, dumpster is on the backside) to dump the bag of garbage in the dumpster, smelly garbage, I wasn't gonna keep it at home till Thursday's Garbage pickup, anyway so when I arrived there were a few bags laying on the ground (we lock the bin at night), So I picked them up to pitch them in, when I picked up the last bag it tore open to reveal a Box (shown Below), made my day, and yes I checked the rest of the bags.

GEDC2656.jpg

GEDC2657.jpg

GEDC2658.jpg

had to share with my modelling friends, my Pretty good day.

Nick (Garbage Model Kit Finder)

Nothing better than a trash model! I work for a refuge company and the guys that run the routes are always finding cool stuff, a lot of models. I found a few when I used to be on a route, but usually they are glue bombs or smashed up.

Bought a model once at a yard sale for 50 cents.... nothing great.. just a fiero, but for 50 cents... figured "what the heck".. noticed it was kinda "heavy" after I got it n the car... opened it up... and it had a fair amount of parts.... but the kit was GONE... but, it was all good.. the "extra weight".... was a bunch of almost full bottles of model paints.... that were selling at that time for about 75 cents each!<LOL>

Lucky day is right. Never thought of the refuse angle. My brother drives one of those trucks. Gotta give him a call. Lol

I got promoted to a delivery driver so I don't get to find cool stuff like that anymore, and worst part of all I don't get to break stuff... Kinda makes me sad, but it's a lot easier than picking up trash, that's some hard work!

Nice scores on all counts, Nick. Any pictures of the Furies yet? By that point, they were pretty much like the American market car, weren't they?

Charlie Larkin

Charlie here is Fury #1, this is the one that will end up back on the road, I honestly only got it to where it's pictured at around 1/4 to 11 PM, everything that could go wrong, did.

GEDC2659.jpg

tomorrow I will bring home Fury #2