Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

Thanks, Dinky!

I decided I could improve on the oil filter set a little bit. I am going to use some Pro Tech filters since they have a little more realistic shape than the kit ones. They will also be easier to paint as separate pieces. Also, I didnt like the way it mounted to the frame, so I pinned it instead and filled the frame where the tab was.

Trunkhinge009-vi.jpg

Injectors003-vi.jpg

Injectors007-vi.jpg

Injectors008-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

Another little detail I did is to remove the console cover. I want to paint this wood grain and figured it would be easier to do if it was a separate piece, so I cut it off and put a piece of styrene on top of the hole and will add the lid back after it is painted.

GasTank015-vi.jpg

Injectors001-vi.jpg

Injectors002-vi.jpg

Injectors005-vi.jpg

Lastly tonight, I needed to find a way to mount the injector tubes. They are hollow ferrules and don’t have a solid mounting point on the resin injector. I added styrene rod to the inside of the tube, then pinned the tube with smaller styrene rod and drilled the injectors to mount them when it’s all painted up.

Injectors009-vi.jpg

Injectors010-vi.jpg

Injectors011-vi.jpg

Injectors012-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A few more small updates. The outer fan belt sandwiches the blower belt and lower pulley. Since I am removing the blower and don’t need the belt, I made a simple spacer.

FrontSprings003-vi.jpg

FrontSprings005-vi.jpg

FrontSprings006-vi.jpg

Also, the engine block did not have the oil filter mounting block, so I added a little piece of styrene. Not exactly stunning, but it will be functional to route the lines to and be buried behind the header.

FrontSprings001-vi.jpg

FrontSprings002-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

I also replaced the front springs. John Teresi did a great job fashioning new shock towers and springs for his Willys, but I wasn’t sure I could do as well, so I decided to carve out the molded spring from the part and replace it. It doesn’t look all that special in the final shot, but when painted and glued down, I think it will work out fine.

FrontSprings007-vi.jpg

FrontSprings008-vi.jpg

FrontSprings009-vi.jpg