Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

I started on body prep this week, including the dash, which will be painted body color as well. Because I dropped the blower in favor of injectors, I had to open up the hole in the hood for the injector stacks. I just used the manifold for reference.

BodyPrep001-vi.jpg

BodyPrep002-vi.jpg

For the dash, I started making the gauge bezels.

BodyPrep003-vi.jpg

BodyPrep004-vi.jpg

BodyPrep005-vi.jpg

BodyPrep006-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

Adding the rest of the mask...

BodyPaint006-vi.jpg

BodyPaint007-vi.jpg

BodyPaint008-vi.jpg

After shooting the pearl intercoat clear. It's pretty thick, maybe a little too thick, but I think once I color sand it a bit and start getting some clear coats on it, it's going to look pretty good.

BodyPaint009-vi.jpg

BodyPaint010-vi.jpg

BodyPaint012-vi.jpg

BodyPaint014-vi.jpg

BodyPaint011-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Art Laski

Art, I'm a little late to the party, as per usual.... :(

But man, you have some wicked work going down right here...The paint and flames are just too kool. B)

Your attention to detail on the injection is second to none, and the Halibrands....they just look real. I honestly took a second blink at them. :blink:

Art……..Fantastic color and flames……..looking at the close up shot of the flames, when you add the clear everything is going to flow perfectly………great job Art………Stephanie is going to love this build. :)

Art... that is sure looking nice. Those flames turned out awesome. This is one gorgeous build. Looking forward to seeing it with clear on it. Keep up the great work on this.

Thank you, my friends...

Some very nice work going on around here.

Thanks, Ray!

Art, I'm a little late to the party, as per usual.... :(

But man, you have some wicked work going down right here...The paint and flames are just too kool. B)

Your attention to detail on the injection is second to none, and the Halibrands....they just look real. I honestly took a second blink at them. :blink:

Thanks, Greg, just glad you made it!

Sometimes things just don't go according to plan. When I put the flame mask on, i had inadvertently nicked the paint on the top of the front fender. I didn't even know it happened until later, but the pearl intercoat did nothing to hide it. It was so glaring, I had to do something about it. I decided my best course of action would be to just mask off the front and repaint it. I could get away with it because there were no flames on this area of the car so I can mask it off without leaving behind traces.

ScratchFix001-vi.jpg

ScratchFix002-vi.jpg

ScratchFix003-vi.jpg

ScratchFix004-vi.jpg

ScratchFix005-vi.jpg

ScratchFix006-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski