Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's possible there is a law that says something to that effect and he seen it mentioned on tv. Most if not all areas have a lot of laws that are stupid and even pointless in this day and age..... Not any laws tht are enforced anymore if anyone even knows about them without looking in a law book and knowing exactly where to look. Try googling something to the effect of useless or stupid laws ... You'll see ..... I don't want to get busted for this one

Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings..... tis a law somewhere here in Oklahoma ..... best get ya ropes out

Why don't you just buy your own darn chainsaw?

Because there is probably a law against it :lol:

Here are the dumb laws in the state of PA

It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.

It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.

It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.

You may not sing in the bathtub.

Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents.

A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk.

No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official “beer distributor”.

All liquor stores must be run by the state.

Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.

You may not catch a fish with your hands.

You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.

Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.

Though you do not need a fishing license to fish on your own land, but a hunting license is required to hunt on your own land.

City Laws in Pennsylvania

Allentown

There is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.

Bensalem

Persons convicted of felonies may not operate Bingo games.

Full text of the law.

Operators of bingo games may not advertise the prizes offered.

Well, if he saw it on TV it must be true! The only better source is reading it on the internet!

Seriously, have you been to chainsaw safety school?

Do you have your chainsaw operator's permit?

Do you have the proper dayglo orange chainsaw vest and cap?

If no to any of these, it's no wonder he won't loan you the chainsaw.

You're not qualified!

B)

My 6-year old nephew wants me to watch him play video games every time I visit. Not play games with him, just watch. He wants to know why my doctor would say I can't climb stairs. It almost seems like he doubts what I say.

I once took him and my mom to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. He was feeling kind of cranky and reaaly needed a nap. This about 2 years ago, btw. We got fortune cookies and he was fascinated when mom and I read him our fortunes. I think he doubted me when I read his: "After lunch, Jake will take a nap on Uncle Lee's couch".

Seriously- I can't believe this thread has any sincere replies.

Well, if he saw it on TV it must be true! The only better source is reading it on the internet!

Seriously, have you been to chainsaw safety school?

Do you have your chainsaw operator's permit?

Do you have the proper dayglo orange chainsaw vest and cap?

If no to any of these, it's no wonder he won't loan you the chainsaw.

You're not qualified!

B)

No to most of them. Even my cousin doesn't have none of them at all LOL. But I am a country person, lived in the country all my life. He is not qualified either then I would reckon. He sees almost everything thing we talk about on tv nights after we start talking about stuff and then tells me afew days later "I seen or heard about that stuff last night on tv (Just like he did about the chainsaw deal)" and the strange thing is he watched mostly the history channel or cartoons!

My 6-year old nephew wants me to watch him play video games every time I visit. Not play games with him, just watch. He wants to know why my doctor would say I can't climb stairs. It almost seems like he doubts what I say.

I once took him and my mom to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. He was feeling kind of cranky and reaaly needed a nap. This about 2 years ago, btw. We got fortune cookies and he was fascinated when mom and I read him our fortunes. I think he doubted me when I read his: "After lunch, Jake will take a nap on Uncle Lee's couch".

Seriously- I can't believe this thread has any sincere replies.

You see, my original post and what I said and what your saying are two different things. If you don't want to watch your 6 year old nephew play video games, then just come flat out and tell him. But what my cousin is always telling me is he claims he always see the same very stuff we talk about on tv just after we talk about the stuff. I find that very very very very hard to believe anymore. Maybe once in a while yea but almost all the time.. no way. He's always coming up with some kind of excuse about everything it seems. But yesterday really took the cake though and when he told me to ask around and to look it up online I figure I would take his advice for once LOL