Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 replica Corvette.

cobraman

Your so right Jeff. Mine was a California car so it was mandated with a 305 with only 180 hp. The 350 in other states tho had only 190 hp. Mine had a shift kit and was quicker than you might think with such a small low hp engine. Not saying it was fast because it was not, just moved better than you would have thought.

Shoot ! I knew someone would call me out on the tires. Would you believe that after the photos of the real car I put new black wall tires on the car ? Ya, thats what happened. : ). No fit issues that were too bad except I did not care for the way the front and rear clip mounted. However it wasn't that great on the real car. Don't really wish I still had it but hoping I can get my Mustang GT back after my daughter finishes law school since she has that car in San Diego.

Nice work Ray. So you didn`t have any major issues building this kit? I have it here and am hoping to start it soon. This is a pretty rare kit.

What was it like driving the 1:1 when you had it? I always thought the C3`s looked like fun to drive with those huge swells in the front fenders.

What was it like driving the 1:1 when you had it? I always thought the C3`s looked like fun to drive with those huge swells in the front fenders.

That's one of the neat aspects. When the sun's behind you and there's enough space ahead of you on the road, your car casts sort of a Batman shadow. (I can't seem to find a pic to explain this better).

It really was a fun car to drive. I loved poping the t-tops and taking a cruise at sundown. It wasn't a fast car but that didn't bother much. I also bought a brand new 1978 King Cobra which was one year car and that wasn't very fast either. That had a 302 but I don't recall the hp on that. This kit went together pretty good except for the front and rear clips were a bit of a pain.

pinto006.jpg