Model Cars Magazine Forum

32' Ford Coupe

ModelManLHT

Welcome Logan. First off try using a camera with a macro setting for some better pics. It looks like you had a real idea in mind for this and you did well. To avoid fogged glass in the future just use a white Elmers glue. Above all take your time, spray paint (airbrush if you got one) everything (brush paints are usually for detailing only) and clean up every part before assembly. Flash, ejection pin marks, mold seam lines.

Above all enjoy yourself.

WELCOME Logan!!!

Like Rob said, enjoy yourself, this is a hobby!

It looks like you have the fundamentals down so far, my advice would be to practice, practice, practice!

Find some cheap kits to hone your skills, and keep tuned in here on this forum for tips, tricks, and techniques from all of the great builders here!

Like the other guys said, welcome to a great hobby, and listen to their advice. You're in for a lot of fun and a sense accomplishment.

One small thing.....a '32 Ford like you've got here is a roadster, which usually, when talikng about ANY car, means something with a convertible top, a windshield that either folds down or is bolted to the body (not a welded-on frame), and side-curtains instead of rollup windows.

A coupe is usually a car with a metal or at least, a hard top. '32 Fords come in 2 main flavors of coupe, 3-window and 5-window. There is also a cabriolet (sometimes loosely referred to as a 'convertible coupe') that is a cross of both types, having a solidly-fixed windshield frame, rollup windows AND a convertible top.

Again, welcome, and keep on building.

Just to embellish on what Bill said (and because pictures always help me)....

3-window coupe (back window and 2 door windows):

32ford51078-1.jpg

5-window coupe (back window, 2 quarter windows and 2 door windows):

3.jpg

And then the roadster: (I didn't really need a picture of a roadster because that's what you built so you already knew what they look like but I found one with a pretty girl. JUST COULDN'T RESIST!!) :lol: :lol:

32fotodooropen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...