Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Had a great time yesterday at The ACME Southern Nats. and picked up the new release Tamiya 787, a Tamiya Porsche 935 Martini, Tamiya Lotus Honda 99T Senna kit, a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri and traded for a Revell BRE 510 !! My son picked up a top 10 award !! FUN DAY !!! :rolleyes:

Thats cool Danny,which model did your son enter?I probely saw it there.

His was the red Rissi Ferrari GT2 car that was on a turntable at the end of the closed wheel comp. table. And all those in the background are his and mine !! :rolleyes:401-vi.jpg Edited by ffreak

I saw that one and the others there,they were REALLY nice ans shinny.I had the Hudson Hornet police car,didn't get anything with it but enjoyed the show.

I saw that and really liked it !! I think I have a pic of it in my fotki album. Check it out.

Got this today, just dont ask me how much I paid for it, still sealed , ok it was free, one of my fellow club members and friends gave it to me for helping him move into new is new hobby room in his house, like he said now his son cant come back home lol

510.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Got this today, just dont ask me how much I paid for it, still sealed , ok it was free, one of my fellow club members and friends gave it to me for helping him move into new is new hobby room in his house, like he said now his son cant come back home lol

510.jpg

LOL... I just traded the street version even for one of these with one of my fellow club members last weekend myself !! Then another friend bought that one from him !! Those things get around !!! Now I have both the BRE kits !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As well as the Amt Dune buggy I picked up at the IPMS show at the weekend, I stocked up on some of the supplies I needed ...

2012-11-12172318.jpg

2012-11-12172450.jpg

2012-11-12172757.jpg

2012-11-12172414.jpg

I like the prices of what you pay for materials...over on that side of the pond.....I pay around $9.00 for the Allclad....$8.00+ for BMF and higher price on the Tamiya Tape...

I like the prices of what you pay for materials...over on that side of the pond.....I pay around $9.00 for the Allclad....$8.00+ for BMF and higher price on the Tamiya Tape...

You need to convert them first to know what he really is paying

BMF 5.95 pounds converts to $9.43 US

4.95 converts to $7.84

1.95 pounds ? for the tape converts to $3.09 US

So really, its about the same as what we pay here :(

Edited by martinfan5

4.95 converts to $7.84

Ahhh of course...thanks for the correction....I should have caught that...over at the Jaguar forum that i often visit they speak a lot of that and such..

Well thanks....it's good to know they pay the same price as us over there..He he..

Cheers to all...Don

4.95 converts to $7.84

Where do you guys buy your supplies??? I only pay $6 for BMF.

Where do you guys buy your supplies??? I only pay $6 for BMF.

James, those price's that are in US are converted from UK price's, so thats what the stuff cost over in the UK

The last sheet of BMF I bought on ebay for $5.99 +$1.99 shipping, heck even the Tamiya tape I bought on ebay, got a three pack , one of each size for like $11 with free shipping lol

Don, it would nice if we could pay those prices in US dollars :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...