Model Cars Magazine Forum

2001 Jaguar TransAm

Brendan

VERY nice work!!! Are they still available??? I need one BAD!!

I love IMSA and T/A cars......I had heard someone was going to do a Jag but never saw anything on it.....

COUGARGTO02.JPG

This is my Roush Cougar....I wanted to make a curbside resin kit for it but the sales of resin kits, mine anyway, are too slow to pour new molds right now. Sorry for the ###### pic...it was taken in the early days og dig cam and I ain't taken another.

Roush 89 Cougar...again sorry about the pic

COUGARGTO001.JPG

And a group shot at Atlanta NNL......

PenngwenatNNLatl.jpg

Any info on a Jag would be GREAT!! Thanks

Edited by Dave Van

VERY nice work!!! Are they still available??? I need one BAD!!

I love IMSA and T/A cars......I had heard someone was going to do a Jag but never saw anything on it.....

COUGARGTO02.JPG

This is my Roush Cougar....I wanted to make a curbside resin kit for it but the sales of resin kits, mine anyway, are too slow to pour new molds right now. Sorry for the ###### pic...it was taken in the early days og dig cam and I ain't taken another.

Roush 89 Cougar...again sorry about the pic

COUGARGTO001.JPG

And a group shot at Atlanta NNL......

PenngwenatNNLatl.jpg

Any info on a Jag would be GREAT!! Thanks

Yes, it's an awesome model. So are your T/A models.

It's a brand-spankin' new kit from Bill Bauer. You should have no problem getting it. He'll probably be set up at the ACME NNL in November, if you plan to travel down again for it. Kevin/Strada Sports and Ed Cervo will also be vending, so I'm sure the Jag will be at the show for sale.

Edited by Zoom Zoom

Thanks for the comments.

Dave, the kit just came out. I would suggest picking it up through mshobbies.com. Ask for Mark and let him know that I sent you. Strata Sports should also have them fairly soon. There is also a Mustang available done by BHP Enterprises. I have done the Mustang as well. It is a Tommy Kendall ALL SPORTS car. It is also an excellent kit as well.

To let you also know, both kits are transkits. The Revell TransAm Camero kit to complete each one.

I was one of the first to get this kit and I believe I'm the only customer who has it done besides Bill. His car doesn't have the blue trim around the bottom. We try to do two different cars so when we have them at model shows, people can see the different possiblities for the kit. I did this kit in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping he produces some of the other car decals.

Edited by Brendan

Gregg,

Bill must have done two bodies. The one that he showed me did not have the blue trim on the bottom. His work is always very impressive! Yell at him as much as you like. He deserves it every once in a while. Let me know when you get started since I would like to know what you do with the kit.

Thanks, Brendan

I still have the Mustang that I'm trying to make into a super detail build

Trying to cut out the front end, but it's kinda thick

Don't want to mess up anything

And JD doesn't help with straight lines and a knife, if you know what I mean.

But, I love the Jag

will probably do it box stock

Maybe I could win IPMS with it too???????

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.....

Thanks for the info guys....I will check with these vendors...I don't think I can wait until Atlanta!

I might do some decals for it if I can get one. ( any ideas????)

....one more IMSA build....my 1989 IMSA Nissan 300ZX....

nissanzx.JPG

Dave, where is the Z kit from?

Thanks, Brendan

I still have the Mustang that I'm trying to make into a super detail build

Trying to cut out the front end, but it's kinda thick

Don't want to mess up anything

And JD doesn't help with straight lines and a knife, if you know what I mean.

But, I love the Jag

will probably do it box stock

Maybe I could win IPMS with it too???????

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.....

Gregg,

But the Jag is a car! You might be able to if you leave 2 wheels off of it. Or turn it into a plane.

Also if you're cutting the hood off the Mustang, Crazy Modeler makes good scribing tools: Set B and Set C (I don't have the part numbers for them, though.)

I should have my LMM Pescarolo done by this weekend. I'll get it posted.

Nice job, Brendan. That's the first I've seen of that model. It looks quite nice, decals and all.

Leon,

The black is from your paint line (Cobra Colors). As always it lays down nicely. The decals were a pain. They were extremely thin and had a tendency to tear. I had problems when applying the clear. Some baby spiders decided to walk across the drying paint. The next day when I came out to my workroom, I had a whole bunch of little dots on my paint surface, but it did sand out nicely and I was able to put on another coat of clear.

Hopefully you're coming back with your paints; I'm running out! B)