Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

This is one Amazing build, Back when I was younger these were the way everything was Customized, no stone left unturned, some Customs were Wild and then the very mild Customs, builds like this would always come from the West Coast, Midwest and East Cost had the More Mild Cars. The Midwest always dropped the Rear of the Cars, The West alway's dropped the Front, The Chopped Top seemed to spred like Wild Fire. But anyway that you looked at this Builds, it was alway's a Love or Hate deal, myself as a Old Guy, I've always have respected the Workmanship of these Builder's and to make a Minature Copy of a onetime eye catcher such as this, with so much detail,I Vote a Hugh Yes to what John has done here. Way to go John, you nailed it to a tee!!! I don't care what those who don't care for this Car have to say, I'd tell them to shut up and to not even make a comment!! Oh by the way my Wife and I spent our 52 Wedding Anniversay in the ER, I Busted up my Knee, so much for Party Time!

Michael.........Happy Anniversary.......sorry to hear about your knee........get well soon........you will look back at that day and have a laugh.........thank you so much for you compliment.........the next custom I make is as wild as this one........but,it will be another challenge.

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments.........I really do appreciate them........I modified a few bumpers from my parts box........to fit this build......I painted them Alclad......I added the headlight lenses ........I got the fur liner on the trunk lid and also attached the spare tire.........I added all the spin Knock-offs for the wheels .......I also added "ProTech" valve stems.......I made some front markers painted Alclad and painted the inserts pink nail polish........I will add the plates and rear taillight lenses tomorrow.........I just about have this build wrapped up...... I just need to add a few more details as well......thanks for looking

DSCF7018_zpsf6e5add8.jpg

DSCF7021_zps26f71077.jpg

DSCF7022_zps96c1de70.jpg

DSCF7024_zpsbd4ad25e.jpg

DSCF7030_zps2834489b.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Another build that is beyond words. I might not always like the subject you choose to build, but I think I see why you pick them. You seem to enjoy a challenge of recreating something that requires a lot of thought, skill, and effort. I would add time to the list, but you really fly through these builds. Not once have you failed to amaze me since I've found your work.

Hi John i will say what everyone else said Wow cool . But I was just looking at the first pics of the 1/1 and I noticed that your engine seems to have to much angle to it compaired to the 1/1 car ?

Hi David.......yes,I have to much of an angle on the engine.........but,you gotta remeber this is not an exact replica and this is my version of the "Freakshow"......but,honestly I messed up........ thanks

Hi David.......yes,I have to much of an angle on the engine.........but,you gotta remeber this is not an exact replica and this is my version of the "Freakshow"......but,honestly I messed up........ thanks

Hi John I admire your honesty but I would'nt say you messed up at all ! What is it thats stopping the engine from being more level?

Hi John I admire your honesty but I would'nt say you messed up at all ! What is it thats stopping the engine from being more level?

David.......the thickness of the trans and floor pan tunnel.......if I could move the engine forward .......I would be able to get it more level........I messed up somewhere on the mock-up stages.......thanks