Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

I'm gonna guess doll house items. :D

Hi Kevin........my earlier post show the phone in mock-up stages.......made from a piece of "Evergreen" styrene and "Michaels" craft store stickers with a strand of "Protech" detailing wire coiled up and airbrushed pink.......the dial is a piece of round clear spru..........The mug of beer is made from a Christmas mini glass light .......I cut the top and bottom of the light.......then filed smooth........I used a clear glass wind -wing and filled to the shape of a handle.........the bottom of the glass is a clear taillight lens from the parts box........I filled the glass with 2 part clear epoxy.......and for the foam I cut the top of a Q`tip.........thanks

Hi Kevin........my earlier post show the phone in mock-up stages.......made from a piece of "Evergreen" styrene and "Michaels" craft store stickers with a strand of "Protech" detailing wire coiled up and airbrushed pink.......the dial is a piece of round clear spru..........The mug of beer is made from a Christmas mini glass light .......I cut the top and bottom of the light.......then filed smooth........I used a clear glass wind -wing and filled to the shape of a handle.........the bottom of the glass is a clear taillight lens from the parts box........I filled the glass with 2 part clear epoxy.......and for the foam I cut the top of a Q`tip.........thanks

Love the beer mug, John. perfect color, and the foam worked out great. Makes me thirsty looking at it.

It's bad enough that you're actually building this crazy vehicle... but putting decals on 1/25 scale spark plug wires......!!!!!! :wacko: And cutting the top off a QTip to make Beer Foam......!!!!!! :wacko: You are SOOOOO far out of your mind John...!!!

But keep it up man..... you've got us all mesmerized by your outrageous and outstanding work.

Edited by Ramfins59

First I wanna say that this model has taken "Modeling as a spectator sport" to new heights. I love clicking in on the latest installments, it just makes my day. Part of that is that you are consistently building, no long waits between reports like on my builds! :rolleyes:

Second, anyone who hasn't learned something from this thread is brain dead! The skill and imagination that's gone into creating this car is as over the top as the subject matter.

I can't wait to see 'er done! Only then I'll be sad that it's come to an end... kinda like when your favorite show goes off the air!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Hello......."Wow" ,thank you all very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them all........when I first considered to build this "Freakshow"........I thought to myself,the flames will be hard to do.......but,I have done them before on other builds.......so,I thought it wouldn`t be to much of a problem........but,one day I was surfing the MCM forum and came across "Lazy Modelers" Flamin Mask.......I watched the video on how they worked.......well,I wasn`t convinced till a couple of months ago at the Grand Nationals Roadster Show.........Mr. Roy Sorenson had a 57 Chevy model car entered in the model contest......and it had a great painted flame job on it.......I asked Roy how did he get the flames to look so good?.......well,they were "Lazy Modelers" Flamin Mask.........I ordered them right away because they are from Australia........and I wanted them fast for this build........I got them less than a week.........I highly recommend them.......He has different style flames for a handful of cars but,he says he will be making more......... they are easy to use and the results are great........Now,as far as my build is concerned........I bought a couple of flame sets that would maybe fit my build........they are " not " perfect and they are " not " exact to the 1:1 car........but,they are good enough for the girls I go with........I will finish up the flames tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF6914_zps77dea38f.jpg

DSCF6916_zps075ec791.jpg

DSCF6917_zps20706019.jpg

DSCF6918_zpsf6e5f9f6.jpg

DSCF6919_zps2621baa3.jpg

DSCF6920_zpsa6a4f73c.jpg

DSCF6921_zpsaf10b184.jpg

Well pardon me for thinking that once...just once you took it easy on yourself and cut a corner! :lol:

I didn't go back to look at the 1:1, but I would suggest that you fill in the little crescent-shaped area on the front of the roof with green. That little pink area looks a little weird, IMO. Aside from that, excellent work on the flames!

I didn't go back to look at the 1:1, but I would suggest that you fill in the little crescent-shaped area on the front of the roof with green. That little pink area looks a little weird, IMO. Aside from that, excellent work on the flames!

noticed it too.........it will be fixed.......thanks.