Model Cars Magazine Forum

Computer vs Modeling

Well, if you do 3D modeling, you can work and surf at the same time!

I saw the 3D wheels that you did in a different thread. I am anxious to see what you can come up with as the combination of modeling and computer modeling skills come together.

I get inspired here several times a day. I think this is my new hobby. :lol: It takes up less space.
You're just getting ready to learn about how much space this hobby can take up :D. We're packing to move next weekend and I have way too many boxes devoted to the hobby!
I saw the 3D wheels that you did in a different thread. I am anxious to see what you can come up with as the combination of modeling and computer modeling skills come together.
Thanks! Since we started the moving process late last year, I haven't worked on anything physical or virtual. I can't wait to get settled in at the new place and start back at it.

I spend more time on the computer than I do at the workbench but many times that is because my job takes me out of town on a regular basis. I have toyed with the idea of a travel kit to work on models in the hotel room at night but then I couldn't/wouldn't check in here as often! :lol: I do enjoy the time at the bench but wish I could speed up the process of building and my need to pay attention to details that in the end are meaningless.

Joseph- I hope all goes well with the move and maybe by the time you are all settled in I will be ready for some more of your excellent tires!

Both! The computer keeps us connected and interested in building. In fact last night about 50 modelers participated in The 24 Hour Build from across the country. We kept in touch on a Facebook page and posted progress into our Fotki albums. It was fun having some to chat with at 2am and knowing that there were other crazies building along with you all night long!

I spend more time on the computer than I do at the workbench but many times that is because my job takes me out of town on a regular basis. I have toyed with the idea of a travel kit to work on models in the hotel room at night but then I couldn't/wouldn't check in here as often! :lol: I do enjoy the time at the bench but wish I could speed up the process of building and my need to pay attention to details that in the end are meaningless. Joseph- I hope all goes well with the move and maybe by the time you are all settled in I will be ready for some more of your excellent tires!
Thanks Mike! One of the neat things about modeling parts in 3D on a computer is that you can take a laptop with you on a trip and get work done. Overall, the Internet created a renaissance in scale modeling... The ability to communicate with a world full of modelers really changed the hobby in a big way.

Looking at all of the great builds on this site is very inspiring. With that being said i should be building more but instead I actually build less because it's too easy to just look then build. Although I have really enjoyed posting my previous builds here.