Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Pontiac Firebird 400 with 'Ram Air" option

Dr Plastic

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful build...a real testimony to your building skills and the advantages of using "MCW's factory paint! I was 12 when these cars were new (I was into Chrysler Corp. though, even then) and I do remember that it seemed many 67-70 Pontiacs of all series seemed to be painted this color. According to my publications, this color was exclusive to the Pontiac Division, and not available on the other GM divisions. Exceptional detailing! Fury3

Scott, just incredible work. This looks too good, if that's at all possible. The paint is perfect, the stance is dead on, and the BMF is way better than any I've ever done. I have two questions though, where did you get the "foam" around the air cleaner, and where did you get the "clips" holding the negative battery cable down?

Scott, just incredible work. This looks too good, if that's at all possible. The paint is perfect, the stance is dead on, and the BMF is way better than any I've ever done. I have two questions though, where did you get the "foam" around the air cleaner, and where did you get the "clips" holding the negative battery cable down?

Mike

The foam around the air cleaner is a black rubber band cut to length and super glued in place. The clamps are Detail master brake and fuel line hold down clamps.

Edited by Dr Plastic