Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Roadster

351 cleve

This was a quick OOB build. I had originally thought about making it a street rod as the "29" is one of my favorite subjects for rodding. But, after attenpting to lower the suspension I quickly realized my best option was to go all stock. This is an old AMT/pos kit. Very poor molds, lots of flashing, and all parts had to be sanded, filed, and fitted before assembly. All in all it's not too bad. I am pleased with the results and I hope you all enjoy.

29FordRoadster009.jpg29FordRoadster008.jpg29FordRoadster005.jpg29FordRoadster002.jpg

Very nicely done. While I've built several models from this kit, I never have built it stock. Building it this way, and to this level of quality, emphasizes what a great job AMT did in reproducing this important and classic Ford, in particular the finely detailed bodywork. Thanks for sharing your first rate execution with us!

Edited by Bernard Kron

Yes, I think that was the earliest of the AMT 30s cars. I believe it has the rear molded to the chassis. Not good for modifications. The body is okay and good to mount on another chassis, like an AMT or Revell '32 kit.

I do believe the rear end is molded separately and one of AMT's finest early kits. I have built one stock like this, a pickup and a woody, they are all easily modified. I think the Model A is one of the finest Fords ever built. Nice job on yours Thomas. The paint is gorgeous.

I do believe the rear end is molded separately and one of AMT's finest early kits.

oops! Just checked and I was thinking of the chassis under the AMT '32 roadster. It's pretty much the same as the later Vicky and Phaeton except those had the rear as separate parts.

oops! Just checked and I was thinking of the chassis under the AMT '32 roadster. It's pretty much the same as the later Vicky and Phaeton except those had the rear as separate parts.

Right and I still think those AMT '32s are great. One of my first 1/25 scale models was the 5-window '32. Hey Tom, I do it all the time, wish I could remember every part for every kit I've built.