Model Cars Magazine Forum

Full Detail 1964 Ford Galaxie (built from promo kit)

Rod

WOW!!!!

What a cool looking model!!!

On the boof "Full Size Fords 1955-1970" by David Temple, there is a picture of a '64 Galaxie JUST like yours, with the teardrop hood and all, and this model look even more real than the REAL car!!! What a killer job!!

I just have one more thing to say, a positive criticism to make a future model even more accurate (if it's possible).

When using the 1960 Starliner kit frame and underside "sheetmetal" to make a full detail '61, '62, '63, or '64 Ford, there is one detail of the trunk floor that needs to be changed. From 1961 to 1964, Ford stamped the spare tire "bed" on the trunk floor just above the rear exle of the car. The 1960 Ford didn't have this, so the underside of the Starliner is not 100% correct for a newer Ford. There are some other small details, but in 1:25 scale they would be invisible anyway, so the main issue is the spare weel, or bed stamped to the sheetmetal.

I know it's easy for me to say that after all the work you had, but i'm only saying because it's a easy mod compared to the work you had, and on your next build, you can get it 100% like the real car.

My kind of car and model-you nailed it. Just beautiful in every area.

Tiny nit to pick for your next one: on the FE, the fuel line from the pump to the canister should be thinner-like .015"

But you plumbed it correctly and the linkage, vacuum line and the whole top dress is great.

I know because I have one. ;)

My kind of car and model-you nailed it. Just beautiful in every area. Tiny nit to pick for your next one: on the FE, the fuel line from the pump to the canister should be thinner-like .015" But you plumbed it correctly and the linkage, vacuum line and the whole top dress is great. I know because I have one. ;)
I agree. I guess I got lazy and used the molded kit fuel line. Thanks for the kind words!