Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Pete 379, Race Trailer, and CARS (Page 3)

Very nice! Did you scratchbuild the headlights or are they aftermarket?

No, Sir....They came from the 1/20 scale Pete 359 from Lindberg....I added some plastic to the back and sides and sanded them down to resemble 379 headlights....Not totally accurate, but convincing.....

No, Sir....They came from the 1/20 scale Pete 359 from Lindberg....I added some plastic to the back and sides and sanded them down to resemble 379 headlights....Not totally accurate, but convincing.....

Excellent work on them! I've made single headlights but I wish someone would resin up some modern ones like yours. B)

post-11866-0-46906700-1366432970_thumb.j

JT, Very nice build. That's the kind of trailer I'm wanting to build. One question are you going to put lights on the trailer?

Kenny B B)

Oh, yeah....Eventually....I'm waiting on graphics to be made up by my boy, Paulie....He's got something that will knock your socks off....As long as I can apply them well enough.... :D

Very nice work JT! How long is the whole rig? It looks like it's coming in at 12 feet!! LOL! A rough estimate gives me about 4 foot 6 inches! Go big.

59 1/4" total....It's on the first page....But I have no problem telling it, again...

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gentlemen.....I finally got the decals my boy, Paulie, made for me.....I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.....To be honest, I was SHOCKED at how good he made this truck look.....A Big shout out to you, Paulie.....Thanks, Buddy....

I hope you guys are as impressed with it as I am.....

051a_zps3267a347.jpg

049a_zpsb16649ff.jpg

044a_zpscc70a601.jpg

022a_zpsa35f5984.jpg

020a_zpsa76eda28.jpg

017a_zpsb55f1bb1.jpg

016a_zpsd6c64e74.jpg

009a_zps6db08984.jpg