Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chicago Modelers, how dry is your plastic today?

Joe Handley

LaGrange, about 6.5"!! Decals dry every up off the floor. No sewer water just seepage. Some of the cracks looked like fountains. Mopping up to start soon then shampooing. Rented plenty at 7:00am.

Are you ok?

Joe.

youre in La grange so am i, 25th is about to get shut down not sure about maple but that might follow soon after.

I'm closer to Indianapolis but I now have a moat around the house, (I hope the county doesn't raise my taxes for having a "waterfront property") Everything important is off the floors. Under a tornado watch until later tonight.

Still nothing like the photos above, you guys be careful!

Several north and northwest Chicago suburbs have issued a state of emergency. The guv was touring the suburbs today, he declared a state of emergency so that people are eligible for federal aid for relocation, housing, cleanup, etc. Geez, what a mess.

Word from home is that our basement just has a little seepage, no flooding.

That's good to hear. We got pretty lucky out by me, the worst flooding I saw before going into work was Roosevelt (Rt. 38) in West Chicago where the old EJ&E (now CN) tracks go over the highway by Bowling Green. The Fox River is in flood stages, which could be good considering that if it had gotten much lower, I could have driven my stock 1:1 Cherokee across it in some spots :blink:

I guess there was a good sized sinkhole that opened up on one street too, gotta feel sorry for the guy who owns this Avenger, not only can't be any older than an '11, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just got it recently :(

That's good to hear. We got pretty lucky out by me, the worst flooding I saw before going into work was Roosevelt (Rt. 38) in West Chicago where the old EJ&E (now CN) tracks go over the highway by Bowling Green. The Fox River is in flood stages, which could be good considering that if it had gotten much lower, I could have driven my stock 1:1 Cherokee across it in some spots :blink:

I guess there was a good sized sinkhole that opened up on one street too, gotta feel sorry for the guy who owns this Avenger, not only can't be any older than an '11, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just got it recently :(

Since there is no front plate I would bet there was a tempoary tag on the rear.

Marcia found some video on Facebook of Four Lakes Village in Lisle. The water is up to the 3rd floor of the apartment buildings and Route 53 is completely underwater. The DuPage River overflowed. I would guess the Fox River is probably going up too. I'm sure glad my Wednesday afternoon flight to Chicago and then Rockford was canceled, otherwise I'd probably be stuck in Illinois.

Marcia found some video on Facebook of Four Lakes Village in Lisle. The water is up to the 3rd floor of the apartment buildings and Route 53 is completely underwater. The DuPage River overflowed. I would guess the Fox River is probably going up too. I'm sure glad my Wednesday afternoon flight to Chicago and then Rockford was canceled, otherwise I'd probably be stuck in Illinois.

From what I understand, there was a call out to private boat owners to come help evacuate peope from Lisle!

I read that a woman's brand new 2013 Charger fell into another sinkhole in the area.

If it's the same sink hole as in the video I posted, that was an Avenger. Supposedly a woman and her brother both lost their cars to it and that Avenger looked like an '11-'13 model by the looks of the grill and bumper.

youre in La grange so am i, 25th is about to get shut down not sure about maple but that might follow soon after.

I caught that on the news. I am south of the burlington tracks by about a block and everything was ok except my basement. Now dry but still lots of work to do.

Joe.