Model Cars Magazine Forum

acting lessons for the bad actor I NEED YOUR opinion on a hood

lazlow

Well this one is going a little out of my comfort zone body modafacation wize, but you folks have shared lots of info and gave me cofadenc to try it.

Heres the plan I have a "Bad Actor" 60's delevery, two old kits with parts missing so I figure I have nothing to lose. The frist body is untuched but yellowed ( I don't think that will matter). The other has a bad paint job, that one will be the doner for extra body panals. I am going to try to fill in the roof, lose the extende panal below the door, new exsaust, mount the front end and open the hood. Then fill in the big tell light and use corvette lights in there place and maybe bumpers too. New 409 engine, and a two town pain job, The front wheels are pegasus and the back deep dish and disk breaks are from a big time trans am dicast I picked up today at mier on clearance for 5 bucks. So There will be other changes and as slow as I am this may take a coupleof months, but I am going to stick to this one :unsure: (No matter how long it takes)

Wish me luck Laz

98f36088-e297-451e-93e7-f42b6399de62_zps

86dbe2ff-6b74-4fa6-8a48-1c409179b25c_zps

Edited by lazlow

I need some opinions on this bumper set, off a vett. The space is kind of wide but I thought that would be a good place for some frenched in fog lights, or recessed lights, what ever they call it these days

I don't know what do you think

Laz

d0336cf0-a3d6-452f-87e6-95f048fb1fc3_zps

Edited by lazlow

inset (frenched) fog lights would be a great mod (IMHO) to this, go for it!

You might be able to carefully reshape the backside shape of the vette bumpers to match the body shape you are mounting them to also...it will look better later.

I like where you're going with this Laz, I'm working on one myself. B)

Picture1252.jpg

Picture1259.jpg

Man that looks great, Funny we had some of the same Ideas. The same wheels, I also plan to take the lights from my 2'd kit to make it like the real 60 with 4 head lights but your grill looks way better then mine will, i am just using the tubbing it came with trim down to fit the lights and maybe a 55 chevy trunk enblem in the center. Also the tell lights except I am only going with 2 break lights from the vett, kinda like the 60. what did you use for the fill in panel on the back lights. man that paint and decal look great did you make the decal.

Laz

inset (frenched) fog lights would be a great mod (IMHO) to this, go for it!

You might be able to carefully reshape the backside shape of the vette bumpers to match the body shape you are mounting them to also...it will look better later.

Thaks for your input. Triming those bumpers to bring it in tighter is a great Idea. I am not sure what (imho) is, help me out. thanks

Laz

I could use some opinions, good or bad and be honest. I was trying to use the big block hood off the vett, but when I cut it down it seems a little short. I can not decide to continue with it or just use the cowl hood and fill in the air ducts smooth

Thanks in advance.
Laz

DSCF1188_zps138490a4.jpg

Edited by lazlow

Like the idea of trimming the backside of the bumpers, that was my first thought when you showed that picture. Those wheels match the Pegasus wheels nearly perfectly, hard to believe that they didn't come out of the same package.

The untrimmed wheelwells look good on that body, may not show off the wheels as well but they look good. Hope you are dropping it to the ground with a slight Hot Rod rake and the Biggest Big Block you can physically stuff under the front end!

I built the Bad Actor box stock when it first came out, Monogram did an OK job on this one and most of Thom Daniels stuff, a little simplistic in some ways but they sold for like $2 back then.

Man that looks great, Funny we had some of the same Ideas. The same wheels, I also plan to take the lights from my 2'd kit to make it like the real 60 with 4 head lights but your grill looks way better then mine will, i am just using the tubbing it came with trim down to fit the lights and maybe a 55 chevy trunk enblem in the center. Also the tell lights except I am only going with 2 break lights from the vett, kinda like the 60. what did you use for the fill in panel on the back lights. man that paint and decal look great did you make the decal.

Laz

Laz, I used a cheapo JADA '60 Impala for the front grille, headlights and the rear panel as well. I just trimmed, filed and sanded to fit. The decals I ordered from Firebird Designs. Keep us posted on your progress. B):D

Stock hood with filled NACA ducts. And the Vette bumpers up front will look cool. I've always liked this kit from a styling exercise point. I have one on the shelf. Haven't decided on how to build mine, box stock for an easy win, or kit bash with a Revell 59 Impala kit......

Like the idea of trimming the backside of the bumpers, that was my first thought when you showed that picture. Those wheels match the Pegasus wheels nearly perfectly, hard to believe that they didn't come out of the same package.

The untrimmed wheelwells look good on that body, may not show off the wheels as well but they look good. Hope you are dropping it to the ground with a slight Hot Rod rake and the Biggest Big Block you can physically stuff under the front end!

I built the Bad Actor box stock when it first came out, Monogram did an OK job on this one and most of Thom Daniels stuff, a little simplistic in some ways but they sold for like $2 back then.

Thanks for the input, I think I will drop as low as I can with the rake, I am working on minnie tubs and replacing the front wheel wells to get it lower. Your Killing me with the $2.00 kits. Man if i only had a time machie :D

Laz, I used a cheapo JADA '60 Impala for the front grille, headlights and the rear panel as well. I just trimmed, filed and sanded to fit. The decals I ordered from Firebird Designs. Keep us posted on your progress. B)

Thanks for the info I am going to see what all they cary, I have not decided if i will put graphics on the side or not.

Laz

i kinda think taking the exhaust covers off leaves the body too thin, dunno.

perhaps tuck them in and remove the bottom .062".

you are making me want to work on one of mine!

Yep I agree, I have practiced on the spare removed the bottem and put a new flat strip half the size that lines up with the bottom of rear quarter. And as for the gasser style your thinking of, that would look asome, especially with flames,I love gasser

customsrus & IMSANUT & slammedi'am & cobraman

Thanks for your input, Thats what I was thinking but needed a 2nd opion, so cowl hood it is Thanks

Laz