Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro Pro Mod.... updates 11/12/13

tyrone

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.... I'm glad you all are enjoying the ride..... I got alot of work done this one over the weekend, trying to have it ready for this weekend... I've added the decals and laid on 2 coats of clear... I've wetsanded it all and will add a few more coats today.. I also made some nos bottle mounts a c02 bottle and installed them inside the car.. I also got the fuel cell and fuel pump plumbed and installed... I went with carbon fiber decals on the rear wing and I think it turned out pretty good... I'm thinking about some black wheels up front, what do you guys think.... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

t-dog001.jpg

t-dog003.jpg

t-dog004.jpg

t-dog004.jpg

t-dog005.jpg

t-dog007.jpg

Brett is right Tyrone, you just keep setting the bar higher & higher, the decals look great against the yellow (like the little grille decals on the rear quarter panels), I have to say I think this isyour best build yet, the nitrous bottles set-up came out great.

Hi Tyrone. I'm a new guy here and following your wonderful work. I am amazed by what you have done and the other craftsmen on these boards. It makes me humble. I REALLY like your coil overs! Did you make them? Would you share how they are made? Thanks and keep up the exceleent work.

Henry ... thanks alot man... glad you like the color... the lighting kinda gives it a neon look, in person it looks alot better..

Scott... thanks bro.. I'm glad you like it.. and thanks again for the good products you offer... glad to use them on my builds..

Kerry.. thank you for checkin in....

Jeremy... thank you too for your input...

Andre.... thanks buddy...

Leonard.... much appreciated... I'm liking how this one is turning out alot...

Brett.... thanks for the compliment and for noticing the improvements in my work... I try to make each build a little better than the last by trying new stuff and techniques...

Darryl.....thanks alot brother... hope to see you Saturday..

Richard... thanks... this is my new favorite as of now...lol....

Dave.... thank you for the compliments and for checkin in....

Sankmotee... thanks for the kudos... glad you like the coil overs... I got them from Scott here on the forum...aka futturattaction... he has some really nice parts...

Az boy.... thanks for the kind words..

Carl... thank you ... glad you like it...

Larry.... thanks and I'm glad you like my work.....

alright fellas.... getting down to the wire... I got my stuff from Dirt Modeler the other day, and I got the seat and harnesses installed in the car last night.. those doggone seat belts kicked my but.. I also got the drive shaft and tunnell installed, and went ahead and intalled the floor area.. I chose metalizer aluminum for the floor to give it some contast.. I was going to paint it black and add a carbon fiber decal to it but my order for the decals has not arrived yet and I'm running out of time.. I like the aluminum look anyway.. I also got the radiator installed,... I'll add the hoses tonight... I've laid on a couple more coats of clear to the body.. I'll let it sit a few days and then wet sand and polish it all out... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

005-8.jpg

003-13.jpg

002-12.jpg

001-7.jpg

Edited by tyrone