Model Cars Magazine Forum

God be with our friends and families in Oklahoma

Danno

May whatever God or deity you embrace be with the unfortunate citizens of Oklahoma City, Norman, Shawnee, Moore, Edmond, Meeker, and other nearby communities in the path of that massive tornado today. It is being described as the most massive tornado in Oklahoma history. Searches for victims and survivors are underway.

Prayers and well wishes would be more than appropriate. Our friends need us.

Edited by Danno

earlier Channel 4 showed video of the areas around the Leveled schools. The whole Neighborhoods were gone they said the Debris from the Missing houses were somewhere to the north. At one Point there were 75 children and teachers missing from one of the schools. I believe they have been foud at this time. They also reported a couple of teachers used their bodies to shield the little kids. One of those teachers is in bad shape.

I happened to have CNN on as it was live. The intensity of the twister was so strong, it sucked up the dirt and even lawn, depositing it everywhere as mud. This story will dominate for days. To think of the survivors stumbling out of the remains of their homes... can't even call for help, because everyone else around you is in the same hurt. Bad.

I was born and mostly raised in Tulsa, and graduated from Oklahoma State. I also own a miniature schnauzer. This video is three hankies for me, a small miracle captured as it happened.

Edited by sjordan2

When you're there, seeing the destruction in person, it's always far worse than what you see on TV.

This is worse than the hurricane in the NJ / NY area due to the loss of life. But I will agree with the above statement because the hurricane affected towns in NJ near and dear to my heart. The destruction is worse in real life because you are right in the middle of it. When I went to Union Beach and saw the first several blocks closest to the bay were literally gone, my heart just pounded the entire time I was there. The worse part was seeing personal belongings in the debris, like kids toys and simple things like VCR tapes you know were in someones living room that no longer is there. That kinda personalizes it from being just piles of wood to the homes of people being destroyed.

This is worse than the hurricane in the NJ / NY area due to the loss of life. But I will agree with the above statement because the hurricane affected towns in NJ near and dear to my heart. The destruction is worse in real life because you are right in the middle of it. When I went to Union Beach and saw the first several blocks closest to the bay were literally gone, my heart just pounded the entire time I was there. The worse part was seeing personal belongings in the debris, like kids toys and simple things like VCR tapes you know were in someones living room that no longer is there. That kinda personalizes it from being just piles of wood to the homes of people being destroyed.

A friend of mine works out of Waldwick, NJ. He drives through that area to go to houses, and the sobering reality that hits him when he drives through destruction and ruined lives, people that are homeless and broken, to go polish marble floors for rich people, he said is really getting to him. It's hard to not say screw it, and help out. He does help out, but you gotta work to. It's hard to see people in these situations.

I'll gladly take our huge earthquakes over tornadoes and hurricanes any day.