Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Chevy Biscayne

mikemopar70

Hi everbody!

Here's my new project, a 1968 Chevy Biscayne 427!

It's based on a MCW resin body transkit, with the AMT 1967 Impala to complete, here's what i got so far.

It's been painted in PPG Base coat green.

9juin2013063-vi.jpg

9juin2013no_2005-vi.jpg

9juin2013no_2008-vi.jpg

9juin2013056-vi.jpg

Now, i'm on my way to clearcoat..

More to come...

I like that color and it being a Biscayne really makes it cool! Does this transkit come with the interior?

Yes, it comes with the interior, separate engine bay (to fit on the AMT1967 Impala) and the floorpan.

It's a very nice kit, a bit ruffer than Modelhaus, but it work out easily..

The interion is my next step!!

I love 68 Chevys! The chassis looks great! Will it have a Big block?

Eric

Of course it will!!!

The AMT kit 427..

Here's what i've done so far with the powetrain... I'll be adding wires to the engine, and giving it a wash to add depth to details...

The engine has been painted Testor's Chevy engine red (Lacquer)

9juin2013068-vi.jpg

Looks great! I have one of these as well, and started it two years ago but got stalled when some fit issues cropped up. Same with the 69 MCW Biscayne I am still working on. That one is a replica of my Dad's 69 company car.

• 1 month later...

Here's the latest news about my Biscayne!

It's been a while since my last post, but i keep working on this one on my off times!!

Here it goes with it's dod dish hubcaps and chorme foil done.

14juillet2013012-vi.jpg

I'll keep the hubcaps only on right side, because i really like the look without these, as you can see on the next picture..

30juin2013001-vi.jpg

Everything must be set soon as i attempt to a model show on august 18...

See ya!

Very nice job. How were the castings. I had that kit and the bottom was a little bowed out and I could not get it in shape.

Yes the bottom of the body is a bit bowed out, i fixed it with hot water and for the remaining it will be superglued to the chassis so it will be correct.

It's a good kit overall, espacially for the price!!

Thanks for comment!

great paint... hand rubbed, polished?,... have u tried maguire's ultimate polish after tamiya fine compound??

Usually, like on this one, i use Detail Master polishing clothes followed by 3M medium cut coumpoud, and Meguiar's fine cut coumpound and i apply Meguiar's nXt generation 2.0 tech wax for the finish!!

It alway's worked out great, my Biscayne to this building stage, don't have the final wax applied, i wait till the model is completed before applying it!

Can't wait to complete this one, i've been stopped all last 5 days from building, because a small tornado have gave us a power failure all over the country...

We recover it yesterday, now that the cleanup is complete, i'm back into modeling again!!

More pics to come and thank's for the comments!!