Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Customer Service

Got my 1/12 Foose camaro body last friday. Only took just shy of 7 months.........side note I now have Ed sexton direct phone line. Pretty sad in my book when it takes 7 months and 5 personal phone calls from Revell's top guy to get a replacement body. Every one can say what you want but my experience with Revell is Not acceptable. They have lost me as a customer.

Well, it's not worth dumping them. They have some nice kits.

It's fairly obvious that James has his reason for his decision, You should just respect it and go about your own business. It doesn't affect you if he like the kits or not.

Never a question or an issue with these guys, just straight up service. Got a Stuka with a new box in plastic wrapping and everything that must have totally slipped through the cracks because the box was perfect and the sprues look like a silverback gorilla stepped on 'em.emotion-3.gif They replaced the kit! In a week!! No complaints at all here with their service.emotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gif

I received the same wrong part again form Revell yesterday. I am supposed to be getting the fenders for the 1950 Ford F1 pickup. I have now received 2 cabs. It even states on the PO that the customer has received the wrong part. It has the correct part number on the PO. Perhaps they should invest in a QA department. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. It is quite ridiculous.

I received the same wrong part again form Revell yesterday. I am supposed to be getting the fenders for the 1950 Ford F1 pickup. I have now received 2 cabs. It even states on the PO that the customer has received the wrong part. It has the correct part number on the PO. Perhaps they should invest in a QA department. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm. It is quite ridiculous.

This whole ordeal started in February. It is unacceptable service. 1 screw up perhaps..but to send the same BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH part 2 times. Learn how to read the PO and perhaps English.

So Austin, based on your view, keep your opinion to yourself, as I should not have one.

That's not my opinion, it's me stepping up for a fellow builder who's being harassed. As for my opinion,since you ask, I'm on fairly good terms with Revell. The key is that no one else's opinion on Revell influences the enjoyment I get out of one of their kits because I already have my own opinions about them based of of my experience with them. For example I don't care for many AMT kit's (The tires are a different story) but that shouldn't affect the way you look at a them if you already have experience with their products and have formulated your opinion.

So Austin, based on your view, keep your opinion to yourself, as I should not have one.

I can't wait until you get burned by them too. Then you will sing a different story. 7 months ago my collection was 98% Revell or Monogram kits. Today I have about 45%, when you get tired of spending hours working on cleaning up seam lines and filling in sink marks or even better waiting for missing or broken parts to show up, then you will look for better kits to build. I can assure you Revell will not be at the top of that list. Until then just keep suckling on the teet that Revell puts out there for you.

This is like one of those Reliable Resin threads. Some people got great service, some people got lousy service. Seeing as this thread has been going on for over a year, I don't see any point in letting it keep going.

Some of you got great customer service from Revell. Some of you didn't. No point in constantly rehashing that, it accomplishes absolutely nothing.