Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post a cool model pic

philo426

And a few show winners from 20+ years ago.....

Picture006.jpg

This was one of the first low riders to win best in show ( that I know of anyway) it was also the first model I ever took photos of....

Picture005-1.jpg

two more show winners , the yellow monte was pushed off a table on purpose and the guy that did it was banned from comming to shows in the local area

Picture003.jpg

hope you enjoyed....... B)

I recently switched full-time to using a tripod and a self-timer on my camera. I have banished camera shake forever and can exactly replicate a shot. This has allowed me to fool around making see-through or "ghost" shots. Here are some:

DSCF2584-cutaway-web.jpg
cutaway-2-web.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

Here's a couple. I like land speed record cars, and have a small collection of 1/24 scale models. They're pretty few and far between, so that rarity makes them even more fun.

The group shot is the 1928 Stutz Blackhawk, the 1929 Irving Napier Special (better known as "The Golden Arrow"), and the 1964/5 Summers Brothers "Golden Rod." These are all resin kits.

And anybody for a 1/24 scale 1960 Malcolm Campbell "Bluebird." This thing is huge--about 15" long. It's just a shell, but it's a cool shell. This is not my photo, by the way. It's the caster (can't think of the name right now). Mine is in primer. I'm hoping to get some opportunity to do some painting once it warms up a bit.

Terry

post-262-0-48510900-1386519365_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-84612800-1386519494_thumb.jpg

Great to see this thread come alive again. As always, do we look at the pictures of cool cars, or go for the cool pictures of cars. Hmmmmm...

Ron, that Deuce roadster pic is somethin' else. Besides the impeccable period details included in your model, I find it impossible to decide what scale it's in! That's when you can tell a perspective shot like that has worked.

Edited by Bernard Kron