Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Lola T70MK3

Cien1986

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Cracking job on this Lola Henry. Is it the latest re-release of this kit? Did it have a photo etched sheet included? I am thinking of getting this kit.

its latest release on 1/12 big scale tamiya, but its not a new tooling or new mold production, its just re produce with old mold which they produce it first time between 1970-83, so the mold is not perfect compare with models on this day..

yes the photo etched is included, very nice etched actually...

i think this is awesome plastic kit, takes time building it and its's all worth the effort...

Thanks. I have two of the older kits...one about 50% WIP. Besides the PE parts, the big advantage I can see to the new re-release is the white body. I think I may need a good sealer in addition to the primer to keep the blue from bleeding through if I build the yellow version.

Thanks. I have two of the older kits...one about 50% WIP. Besides the PE parts, the big advantage I can see to the new re-release is the white body. I think I may need a good sealer in addition to the primer to keep the blue from bleeding through if I build the yellow version.

i think prime it with mr base white will help a bit, i use it before on black plastic, it cover quite well maybe it got thicker pigment in there....

Very nice work. I have Tamiya's 1/12 scale Honda racer in the collection. I'm a bit afraid to tackle such a big kit. But someday I will do it. Good to see someone from another place on the Earth in the forum.

tamiya's 1/12 honda sure is rare item now, it will become one of the masterpiece collection... really looking for the process