Model Cars Magazine Forum

ERTL trailer and '68 charger

Dragfreak

about a year ago while at the dragstrip I just got back from making a pass in my JR. Dragster and a friend of ours brought over a '59 elcamino, a trailer and a '57 chevy. They are from an old wix filter commemorative set from '94 and if mint would be worth something but the elcamino and the '57 are in pretty bad shape so I took the trailer, lowered it,found some rally wheels and cool tires, sanded the flash and injector pin marks,primed and painted it and here it is with my '68 charger.I need to scratch a jack and some ramps for it but other than that its done.

103_0428_zps7c375eaa.jpg

103_0435_zps5f864519.jpg

103_0437_zps97c8fd1c.jpg

103_0427_zpsfb46b5d3.jpg

103_0438_zpscd627bf6.jpg

103_0425_zps9c1c3bed.jpg

comments appreciated

NICE DRAG WEEK-END COMBO!

Isn't the trailer the same as the limited edition clear tag trailer from AMT a few years back?? I had a closed shell (clear to let see through) but the platform looks the same.

Of course with the modifications you've done (wheels and tires) it looks a lot better!!

Nice Charger too, i like the color!!

Congratulations!

really nice mopar, what kinda a truck is pullin this

'66 elcamino is the closest thing to a truck I got so now ill have to build some a chevy pickup to pull it.

Awesome! Love the Charger. What color did you use on it?

testors one coat lacquer lime ice if I remember right

Saw your age, Jase, and you doin GREAT for a 14 yr old! Just keep it up and you'll be someone to contend with at the shows! GREAT job of detailin the Engine/engine compartment! GREAT color on the Charger.( My Charger was green too, before it was stolen and painted black,then bought by me.GREAT color)

Charger looks great, like the color!!

Thank you!!

Saw your age, Jase, and you doin GREAT for a 14 yr old! Just keep it up and you'll be someone to contend with at the shows! GREAT job of detailin the Engine/engine compartment! GREAT color on the Charger.( My Charger was green too, before it was stolen and painted black,then bought by me.GREAT color

Thank you George! this one is from about 6 or 7 months ago and my skills have improved greatly since then, especially things like research on brake booster color, removing mold lines from the radiator, correct firing order, and much more.

WOW Jason you did a superb job on the Charger,looks right at home on the trailer I can almost hear it saying take me to the strip!! and just my $.02 worth I think you could hold your own in competitions now! Great job young man keep up the good work, you bout got the cuda done?