Model Cars Magazine Forum

: How To Build Homicide Doors For Your Scale Model

I guess they are 'suicide' doors if people jump out while the car is moving, 'homicide' if you push someone out while the car is moving... :) As far as 'homicide' doors, I always thought the sliding doors on vans would be useful for drive-by shootings.

Anyway, reverse-opening doors look silly IMO except for cars that came that way from the factory (like modern Rolls Royce 2drs and the '60s 4dr Lincolns)..

Edited by Rob Hall

I guess they are 'suicide' doors if people jump out while the car is moving, 'homicide' if you push someone out while the car is moving... :) As far as 'homicide' doors, I always thought the sliding doors on vans would be useful for drive-by shootings.

Anyway, reverse-opening doors look silly IMO except for cars that came that way from the factory (like modern Rolls Royce 2drs and the '60s 4dr Lincolns)..

I was curious about the use of the term "homicide doors" also.

I checked the video.

He is not building rear-hinged doors, for which 'suicide' is the correct terminology.

He is building doors that slide straight outward, then straight back ~ just like the side sliding doors on vans, as Rob describes.

I'm guessing the term 'homicide' door derives exactly from the practice of using vans for drive-bys and firing out the open side door . . . just like the chopper gunners in Nam did.

Live and learn.

I was curious about the use of the term "homicide doors" also.

I checked the video.

He is not building rear-hinged doors, for which 'suicide' is the correct terminology.

He is building doors that slide straight outward, then straight back ~ just like the side sliding doors on vans, as Rob describes.

I'm guessing the term 'homicide' door derives exactly from the practice of using vans for drive-bys and firing out the open side door . . . just like the chopper gunners in Nam did.

Live and learn.

Hmmm... if that's true, I'm not sure it's a positive for the hobby. :unsure:

hahahahahaha I suggest he put it here also because I was tring to figure out slideing door for van 70's vanCBP going on now!!! Plus suicide doors where front openning not sliders I like "Homicide door" it may not be the best name but for us guys building these vans it is a tip we needed so it is good just not the name thats my 2cents worth even less in canada lol

Edited by b_lever1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, reverse-opening doors look silly IMO except for cars that came that way from the factory (like modern Rolls Royce 2drs and the '60s 4dr Lincolns)

I love suicide doors they look awesmazing!!!!

Just a difference of opinion

Yes. Never heard of "homicide doors!" :lol:

I'm pretty sure that means when someone tries to shove someone like me (300 pounds) into a 4 door Civic with Lambo doors. :unsure:

In all seriousness, neat tip for anyone wanting to build sliding doors. Don't know if I would use the term "homicide" but, still good tip. I just hope that guy figures out that with about a six scale inch body drop, he's gonna have to make some accommodations like scale trailer tubs for the wheels if he puts anything major on it.

Edited by Skydime

Wonder why they aren't using a pocket door? The Harold LeMay Family Collection in Tacoma, Wa has a Muntz Jet or Playboy that has pocketed doors that slide forward into the area behind the front wheel well. Now something like that would take some real talent and make for a cool door opening versus a van type hinge system.

I agree with the comment that the term "homicide doors" isn't too good for the hobby much less anything in general, just a bit too gangsta for my taste!