Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

<-------- Guess who's late to this party?

After hearing Chris and Tim and others rant about your skills, I had to check it out. I was not disappointed. This build NEEDS to be finished.

I hope whatever is keeping you away corrects itself. We've all had our absences. Sometimes we forget it's a hobby or we ignore it when we actually need it the most to provide stress relief and the solitude to sort out a jumbled issue.

If you need inspiration, I give to you The Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader. Now if he's impressed, it must be something special.

2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive

This is just an amazing exhibition of scratch building. I'm completely overwhelmed, and I can't really imagine that doing parts/cars in 1:1 would be much different in the fabrication progress.

My compliments to a true artist.

I'm wondering, just for the sake of comparison, maybe a pic of a 1:8 kit piece against you're fabricated piece. Maybe like a wheel to wheel comparison? Forget the motor comparison though, geez, your build looks better than real! Looks like a drop or two of gas and the thing will start to run!

Thanks for showing your progress.

Michael

Yeah Dave, what they said....what's up with that? ;) When will you get this done? :D In all seriousness my friend, when the time comes, then it will be the "right" time. Now go get that awesome 37' hotrod done. Cheers, Tim

first. thanks for the nice comments. they are much appreciated.

joe, right now model building is on hold because i'm trying to put my street car together. it's a pretty in depth build and i just don't really have the time to devote to building my models (as much as i do love it.). as soon as i get this project to a point i feel is adequate, i'll be getting back to the 1:8 stuff with a vengance.LOL!

mike, i took a couple of photos for you to compare 1:8 model kit wheels to what i make. i also took a shot of a scratch built hood scoop on an outlaw 10.5 82 camaro i did comparing it to a 1:25 scale model. just as a perspective kinda thing.

tim, love ya brother. can't wait for your next visit!!!! perhaps i'll have heads on the baby monster. hehe.

ray, thanks and keep up the great work on your '32.

DSCN6467_zpsqnqljtgv.jpg

DSCN6466_zpsmbfkiwcf.jpg

one of my favorite rear wheels.

DSCN6465_zpsmuc1psff.jpg

comparison.

001%20-%20Copy%2045_zpsaozyfuhm.jpg

i hope i gave you want you were looking for.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!!!!

Dave... I love the updates withe these comparison pics. I just love your machining work your do. I seriously need to get that mill and lathe.... just don't have the fundage for it yet. That is so crazy the comparison of the scoop to the 1/25 scale car...lol I swear the scoop is the real deal. the carbon fiber looks perfect. I am looking forward to the day you get back to this build but I know you gotta get that awesome 1:1 done first.

always glad to hear from you chris! glad you like the shots. clay kemp and davey thibodeau gave me alot of input on laying carbon decals. they are THE BEST, PERIOD!!!

i'm not sure i know anything about machining but, when you get your stuff, i'll be glad to help you out in any way i can.

i'd really just like to get the '37 running this year if i can. that, in and of itself, is a major accomplishment.

slow but, sure ray. i took the 500 inch motor out and i'm building a 606 inch unit for it. waiting for the chassis shop to call. it needs to have the brake pedal moved over and a clutch pedal installed. a few other odds and ends at the chassis shop. when the 606 is done, we should have everything to assemble the drive train, fire it and make it at least movable.

always glad to hear from you chris! glad you like the shots. clay kemp and davey thibodeau gave me alot of input on laying carbon decals. they are THE BEST, PERIOD!!!

i'm not sure i know anything about machining but, when you get your stuff, i'll be glad to help you out in any way i can.

i'd really just like to get the '37 running this year if i can. that, in and of itself, is a major accomplishment.

That will be awesome getting the '37 running this year. I know how big of a milestone it will be for you. You have been working hard on it. I just may have to pick their brains and even yours on laying carbon decals. I have some I want to use on my next build. As far as machining goes I think you are one of the best on here. I know I could learn a heck of a lot from you. I will need to give you a buzz soon to catch up with ya.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...