Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Jordan 191 F1

Jordan 191

Since I just joined I figured I would post pictures of my favorite model, the Tamiya Jordan 191. I have always loved the weird 7up livery, and the Testors rattle can green is a good match. I built this in 2001 I believe. The engine is correctly painted, but I didn't do any detailing, so I didn't take any pictures of that. The light green and the blue are all decals, so you don't even need to do any masking or other painting. Current F1 cars are ugly, but I personally believe the late '80s and early '90s was the best period for them. The regulations allowed a super wide wheelbase, and windtunnels shaped the smooth forms.

9687790251_9817a48bed_c.jpg

9691030486_146596a46c_c.jpg

9687788183_ce5c580948_z.jpg

9691028880_a24239ebde_z.jpg

Here are bonus shots of the Tamiya Subaru WRC I built around the same time. I don't like the livery, so I left off the decals and considered it in "testing phase" before the rally season began. I also didn't paint the complete window trim. Now that I've read the window trim tutorials on this site, I am considering popping off the body and the glass and doing it. :unsure:

9691072062_5370672da6_z.jpg

9691073438_40706eaf68_z.jpg

I am really liking that Jordan. I am with you, there were some good looking F1 cars in that era. I have this kit in my stash. I hope I can pull it off as well as you did. It is funny, my first post here was also a Jordan. It was the 197 "Bitten and Hisses". You can search on "Jordan" and find it if you want.

Thank you for posting a F1 model on this forum, there are a few of us out here B)

I've built most of Tamiya's F1 kits 1/12 & 1/20

The Jordan is very nice...I remember when Eddie Jordan first blew on the scene with this car

He was definitly a breath of fresh air in the F1 world

I still watch F1, but building a model of these cars would be difficult...especillay if offered in 1/43rd scale

My favorite period in F1 would be the 1950's thru the mid 1970's before "Sponsorship"

Nice builds and very clean! B)

Yes, those were good times, I find that the design of the Formula 1 "cars", previously was miles better than today, and today they are not streamlined, they simply bypass the regulations, with all these additional boards that are on the body anywhere... ;)