Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subaru 360 Hot Rod? Updated finished photo

Porscheman

This started out as Hasegawa kit I bought 15 years ago and didn't know what to do with. It's 1:24 scale and about 3 1/2" in lenght. Painted in Testors Lacquer Met Green and Wet Look Clear. Tamiya's flat light green interior and the glass was tinted using Tamiya's Clear Blue. The car was converted to a right hand drive and the wheels and tires are from a 1:32 Carrera slot car. The 1:1 is a tiny car and the model is smaller than any of my 1:32 slot cars.

Let me know what you think of my ugly little car. :blink:

Al

Edited by Porscheman

Put it on some body's shoulder and wait for them to scream! The color is perfect, making the most of its creepy-crawly appearance.

I knew a lady who had a red & white one. I think it had a 2 stroke engine; anyway she had to add oil to the gas. We had 5 folks in it and rolled back that top to avoid claustraphobia. It was indeed tiny; we cringed whenever a giant VW bug zoomed up behind us.

My dad loved oddball cars. He brought one of these home and parked it in the back yard for a few years. It became our teenage aquarium until he got it running. Not fast. Lots of fun. The suicide doors were always a thrill when one flew open at 35 mph. Any one of us could lift the front end by the bumper. And we were pretty scrawny.

Ahhh, good times.

Great model, Al. You did a good job with it!