Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Bill Rutan Special...a Hill Climbing VW/Porsche

curt raitz

Curt.......you blow me away with all your details and building skills.......better yet,your accuracy is second 2 none.......and I like the way you can build anything.........love your work buddy. :)

thanx John

great "talking to ya today"

I guess ya can say my car modeling is not stuck just on one "genre"

lookin' forward to seeing your next project

cr

This project pushes all my buttons - one off, creative, scratchin' & bashin' at its best, accurate, historic, original - it just doesn't quit! And my favorite chassis type, the tubular space frame. In this case aggressively minimalist, eliminating some of the cross bracing where it isn't needed and substituting paneling instead. Reminds me of the great Frank Nichols of Elva fame in his early days. How much did this thing actually weigh?

This must have been a total blast to think up and then execute. The planning and conceptualizing aspect of modeling is a key dimension that makes it a very special hobby to me. Seeing it executed here (I just went back and read the build thread...) is a total gas! I was traveling last month and missed the whole thing 'cause you build so fast. But I'm caught up now!

Thanx for sharing,
B.

PS. Does anybody know if there's any connection between Bill and Burt (Rutan). They seem to have been engineering soul mates...

This project pushes all my buttons - one off, creative, scratchin' & bashin' at its best, accurate, historic, original - it just doesn't quit! And my favorite chassis type, the tubular space frame. In this case aggressively minimalist, eliminating some of the cross bracing where it isn't needed and substituting paneling instead. Reminds me of the great Frank Nichols of Elva fame in his early days. How much did this thing actually weigh?

This must have been a total blast to think up and then execute. The planning and conceptualizing aspect of modeling is a key dimension that makes it a very special hobby to me. Seeing it executed here (I just went back and read the build thread...) is a total gas! I was traveling last month and missed the whole thing 'cause you build so fast. But I'm caught up now!

Thanx for sharing,

B.

PS. Does anybody know if there's any connection between Bill and Burt (Rutan). They seem to have been engineering soul mates...

thanx Bernard...

I do not know of a connection between Bill and Burt

I was wondering where ya went

Raul of "Raul's Construction Company" (remember him don't ya?) told me you were traveling

good to hear from ya