Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW W900 Aerodyne Snap tite 1:25

Hi guys.... Let me introduce me some photos of my newest project - KW W900 Aerodyne Snap Tite.

Chassis will be extended for 2cm. The reason is that I decide to make a version with 4 fuel tanks. It will be in matt blue so as fuel tanks.

The body will be in white combinated with modeltruckin decals (thanx to Jerry). I´ll use also awesome PE parts from CTM for KW W900.

Ready is wiring and some plumbing.

I also decide to make a new wheels "snowman" in cooperation with some older Italeri part, like rims and middles.This conversion were necessary because there are used Italeri 1:24 tires. Now are wheels more deeper, before it was very "fleet".

To be continued...Paul.

Some photos: http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=78694

Edited by Pavel A.

As I promised here are some new photos. Light rust weathering and engine is placed in engine bay. Cables are not connected yet. Front of intercooler is made from radiator mesh PE part from Czech Truck Model. Paul

post-11517-0-70062300-1381329678_thumb.jpost-11517-0-56977300-1381329690_thumb.j

Edited by Pavel A.

Yep, it's lookin' really good! I like your detailing and weathering. your Italeri tire conversion is making this look so much better than the kit's tires, it's a natural change and the tires are the right inner diameter to do it.

What I'd like to know is, did you actually add another Italeri rim half to the inner part of the rear wheels also or just on the outer side?

Robert, yes. If I can remember I used over there three parts from italeri. So it is - rim (italeri)-snap out.rim-middle (italeri)-snap inner rim-italeri rim. Center from italeri you must little grind.

Front are also Snap out-italeri middle-snap in. This centre makes on front wheels I can say "rim" where the tire is good locked...

Thanx boys... So Jesse how on fuel tanks. The first step is make the body of fuel tank - make a barrel from kit. Than I use a speed glue (here we call it split second glue)as a filler. this glue is better than filler because after time don´t falling down... Let it dry and grind till insensibility :). Than you can use colour or alclad chrome... After colouring I make a stripes. The first I make stripes from binding black tape (for electrician), width is about 4mm and lenght does matter how big is diameter of fuel tank. this binding tape is sticky but it is necessary to use this speed cement (loctite or so..) on the ends of this tape (between tape and fuel tank I mean. Than I prepared chrome stripes. It is made from a can (red bull, coke or bier...) iuse inner side. You can grind it and polish with micro mesh 3200-12000 till the highest polish. Then I cut (with scissors) a stripes which are only 3 - 3,5 mm widht - narrower than binding tape. Grind the borders (sand paper 400-800). Than I pinning I can say by something round (I use scalpel hilt). It takes round form. than again glue it on the black tape. The conectors for vents are made from round prifiles and ring wires...

Some more photos:

post-11517-0-59363600-1381850339_thumb.jpost-11517-0-11102400-1381850347_thumb.j

post-11517-0-57479900-1381850358_thumb.jpost-11517-0-94599900-1381850368_thumb.j

Nice build Pavel.

I had the same idea for improving the rear wheels as you use on this one when I bought my Revell (ex Monogram) Kenworth and Peterbilt Snap kits some time ago,

I haven't built them yet but I didn't like the shallow look on the original kit wheels so I tried Italeri outer rings and it looked a lot better...so that's what I'm going to use when I build my kits too...I don know wich tires to use yet but that will for sure clear up when I start the build.