Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 340 Competizione FINAL PICS UP.....Getting casted!

Kennyboy

Thanks! Wish I knew how Greg. Don't know anything about PE other than how to install it. :D

Thanks to another member here though, ;) I DO have the Ferrari scripts and Cavallino horses.

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/

If you have a laser printer you might try this. This kit can make water slide decals and temporary tattoos. They also sell a kit that is for electronic boards but the guy says it could make photo etch parts too. You would just need to be able to get the artwork correct. I have one of those Decal Pro kits. Now that I have a color laser printer I can start playing with it myself.

Edited by Greg Wann

Looking good man, keep up the work. Can't wait to see some paint on this thing!

Thanks Brandon! I was just working on it this weekend right in your neighborhood (Sycamore) at a build-n-bull. Small World!

Stunning work Ken, it's a beauty.!

Thank you Jonathan!!

Just finished scribing the door lines and installing the rocker trim moldings.......it is getting dropped off by Jimmy Flintstone today at 12:00 noon.

It is small steps away from reality folks!!

Gorgeous result. Tell Jimmy to cast it thin!

Edited by Bernard Kron

Your work is positively stunning! I bow to a true master of the plastic bash! :wub:

Thank you sir! You are too kind.

Gorgeous result. Tell Jimmy to cast it thin!

Thanks Bernard!

Not sure right now after today if it is going to get cast anymore..........he found fault with several things on the body. :angry:

He did not want to do any extra work on the body.....I would have to do it all. Besides, who knows when I would get it back.

Edited by Kennyboy

Don't let it discourage ya, I know Jimmy has a lot on his plate and he may of just had a bad day that day. I know business for him like everyone has taken a hit and he is stressed to some degree. I know you said you don't know when you'll get there next, if you want you can get it my way and I can take it over the week of Turkey Day. I have some stuff to go his way anyway, or if you're able to tag along we can run together..... Keep yer chin up Ken!! Like me the more stuff you do for Jimmy, the more you find out how he wants it done and that makes it easier to do stuff for him!!!!

I tried to express to him what he could be potentially walking away from............I mean, he had never even heard of this car but has done countless Merc chops, and Fords, and etc.

There really are a lot of people that would be interested in this vintage styled/pro touring style Ferrari. I DO want others to be able to enjoy this model body I have put together but I don't even want to think about doing some of the mods he said he needed.

I know what is in this body and I don't want to risk making it weaker......afterall in the end, this S.O.B. didn't even exist in 1/24 or 1/25 scale EVER before this!

Ken, Have you considered casting it yourself ? With your skill and creativity, I believe you could easily master the process.

Also consider that this genre is a fairly narrow niche and well out of the purview of Jimmy's usual clientele. Were you to market them yourself, you could target a more receptive audience.

What exactly was "wrong" with it? I don't see any issues with it at all and I've been looking at all the pics you posted very closely.

He claimed that the roof was crooked, that I would have to remove the firewall, cut closer to the window openings, make new windows for it, headlights, taillights, and a grille to name a few.

Awesome build. It has inspired me to get back to the bench. Thanks.

Not a problem Dennis. I'm glad you got positive influence from this!

I agree that is upsetting, if you feel that you are getting the brush off, you may consider a different caster.

Who else would take this on? Sorry don't know many casters

Ken, Have you considered casting it yourself ? With your skill and creativity, I believe you could easily master the process.

Also consider that this genre is a fairly narrow niche and well out of the purview of Jimmy's usual clientele. Were you to market them yourself, you could target a more receptive audience.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Johann! Unfortunately though, I don't have near enough time to cast it myself. Shortly, I will be making a shift change to 1st (FINALLY!!) and then my building time will be cut in half. I mostly build during the day before work and when my wife and daughter are sleeping.