Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Testarossa

Scuderia

This one was a very annoying Revell Testarossa convertible. The fit of body to chassis was very finicky and didn't make sense to me. I got it the way it simply could work and left it at that. I bought the kit open and partially started/taken apart. Hopefully the hardtop will go better. Made it up like the hero car from the Sega game OutRun. Awaiting some decal paper so I can make the license plate. Apple Red with Future.

0027-vi.jpg

0028-vi.jpg

0032-vi.jpg

0029-vi.jpg

0037-vi.jpg

0035-vi.jpg

You got that right. I remember building that kit a number of yers ago and had the same problems that you described. Ended up painting a thin strip of plastic black to bridge the terrible gap between the body and the chassis. Someone told me the coupe was no better so have never even looked at it. Your build has certainly ade a poor kit look good, congrats.

I always liked the convertible more than the "standart" Testarossa. very nice styling :)

Yours looking good in my view. Color and interieur looking good together.

I'm only missing some details like the sidemarkers and all the emblems on the steeringwheel, hood, wheels. Where the decals missing in the box?

Nice!

Just a note on decal paper for plates. I use the acme plate maker web site. Load the pictures and size them up as I want them print them on high gloss photo paper. I find it easier to work with and paper gives everything just the right depth to look real. Glue the paper straight into place.

I always liked the convertible more than the "standart" Testarossa. very nice styling :)

Yours looking good in my view. Color and interieur looking good together.

I'm only missing some details like the sidemarkers and all the emblems on the steeringwheel, hood, wheels. Where the decals missing in the box?

Those were missing as well yes.

And I have a sheet from the decal maker website that I fashioned up and transferred to photoshop along with some other vanity / specialty plates just haven't got around to getting my paper; but I've considered the photo paper as well. I may try that soon.