Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dinky

Thanks Bradley, cool to see you chassis. It looks great!!

I was not happy with the radiator mount so I made another version, this is much better if you ask me :rolleyes:

qkqp.jpg

Gone! :lol:

I've never considered that approach. I usually place a strip across the back of the radiator, or cut the radiator off where it overlaps the cross member and add a piece of radiator below the cross member, depending on where I need the radiator to be located. Something to consider the next time I build a channeled rod... Thanx!

Edited by Bernard Kron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow this is a very inspirational build and interesting to watch in progress. about your headers, I would shorten them. I like that they sit parallel to the ground and I like those bolt on tips you're using, I would just shorten them so they end where the door begins.

I totally dig that louvered rear cover and just everything about this, those front wheels, everything.

jb

• 3 months later...

Yeah, some progress ;)

I tried making my own headers but I don't get the result I want so I repaired the original ones and I made them shorter than they were.
In the front the shorted one, in the back the original length.

foto1-1.jpg

Other thing I did was making spacer to get the wheels away from the body, because the body was lowered the wheels touches the body.
Left original, right the modified one.

foto2-1.jpg

Put in the steering column in the interiour and in the engine bay, also made gas, brake and clutch pedals.
foto3-1.jpg

foto4.jpg

This is the result with the shortened headers
foto5.jpg

I'm still stalled on the heim joints for the rear control arms. I need to pull it out and finish it. Unfortunately, two '50 Olds, a '49 Merc, a '36 and '37 Fords are occupying the work space at the moment. And come June 1st, an AMT '36 Ford will be there also.

Wow sounds your busy, iim working on 3 thats more than enough for me at the same time ;-)

Yesterday I also made small extensions on the rear axle so that I can use the original control arms and I made mount for the rear shock absorbers.

Your Roaster is lower so I guess you cannot use the original control arms correct?

• 1 year later...