Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Belvedere Station-Wagon - Finished

Mopar - D

That's looking really good, Dan. Such a screwball by today's standards, and that's what makes it extra cool.

We had a '67 Coronet 440 (trim, not engine) wagon with the Slant Six when I was very little. The only reason we got rid of it was the body gave from all the salt and garbage on New England roads. It was pastel blue (might've been the metallic, but the paint was so oxidized by 1978-79...), it went well with my mother's 1970 Pontiac LeMans Safari. Two cars I'd love to have back.

What colors did you use for the interior? That looks about right to me from the samples I've seen.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie it's Model Master 4709 Dark Tan and 4697 Tan with gloss clear coat. I remember the how the cars rusted out from the salt I grew up in upstate NY. For the base model build I've got a master plan of building a late 60's Chysler / Dodge / Plymouth dealership and want a mix of cars to display.

I'm still test fitting now have it so the engine is straight and have tested the front windshield. The GTX glass fit good in the resin body with out much trimming and I'm even going to be able to use the GTX rear glass with a little trimming. Finished the BMF also not much on the base model Belvedere. Found a spair tire from a Jeep in my parts box that will be going inside and also show on the underside.

Thanks for all the support and comments.

da170bd2ae5d23af72931cc73eab756f.jpg

126fc9540ef0eb47efa4d06d53c695ff.jpg

Got some more work done now have the interior done and installed with all the glass. The engine is also in place now and have the front and rear grill and bumpers ready to go in. Have the spare tire inside and on the underside in and have started on the exhaust system. Here's the pictures

bf00141704feebe3e0c527045a203850.jpg

3dbcb0a9d9dd505099f9712a5ed0643e.jpg

6eaf9b96df3b4c9fba0c6dc93854c697.jpg

588849bf7acc52ed8bd69db92a98abb9.jpg