Model Cars Magazine Forum

VIPER MX7! Viper-X-Wing Jet Racer... Finished!

SUBS!

I picked up a Bunch of the Moebius Flying Subs at our last IPMS Raffle. I have been using them for parts for other projects when I found the Instrument Panels. They are printing on heavy file card stock and they are about the right size for the Viper!

DSCN0986V_zps4492e881.jpg

I cut the sides off of one Instrument Panel and glued it in place. Next I cut the ends off of the other Instrument Panel and glued the ends on the Vipers Arm Rests.

DSCN0992V_zpsaebd93fd.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Viper Pilot and Bare Metal!

I had to file some of the Pilots bottom off so he would sit low enough in the cockpit. I painted him with Vallejo Paints and then I applied a wash called The Detailer, Black. Then I painted the Helmet with another coat of White and applied some Testors Dullcoat.

DSCN1004V_zps5f43085d.jpg

After I got the Pilot in place I attached the Canopy. I used Black Chrome, Bare Metal Foil, for the first time on the canopy, it looks good but I don't like the shine. I am going to touch-up the Black, brush a coat of Testors Dullcoat over it.

DSCN1019V_zps76f64e75.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Wowesome!!

It's a good thing for the world that you vent your energy, imagination, and creativity this way, rather than in crime or evil!! The Super Heroes would be outgunned!

B)

Thanks Dan!

:DB)

Edited by Ira

Star Base!

I picked up a wooden Crafts Base from Michaels and drilled a hole for the Acrylic Rod. Next I sprayed the Base Flat Black. I got the Acrylic Rod at Tap Plastic and glued in with Zap-A-Gap. By the way, I used this Base to support the Viper through most of the Building of the model.

DSCN1022V_zps73616d71.jpg

Then I spread a thin layer of Elmers Glue on the Masked Area.

DSCN1027V_zps0a9c4832.jpg

I found this miniature Coal in the Train Department, at the Hobby Shop. I sprinkled the Coal on with a plastic spoon and set it outside in the sun to dry. The Coal sparkles, kind of like Stars in the Nights Sky.

DSCN1033V_zps75b1e0aa.jpg

Here is the finished Base.

DSCN1041V-Copy_zps4e18a022.jpg

More Coming... B)

Ira, you continue to amaze with your very fertile imagination. Do you take some unknown blend of vitamins (or whatever) to fuel the overflowing creativity that you have...???

Thanks Rich!

Yep, I take my Natural Vitamins every day... B)

Engine Upgrades!

I painted the inside of the Thrusters with Tamiya Platinum Silver. Then I applied a dark Wash.

DSCN1061V_zps0c567f47.jpg

I always thought that the Viper Engines were missing something, then I found these Thruster Bullets on the ends of some dried out Gel Pens...

DSCN1095V_zps1cde3c01.jpg

Here are the Bullets glued in place.

DSCN1100V_zps8e55aefb.jpg

Another view.

DSCN1111V_zps1adf9b26.jpg

More Coming... B)

Wow, this turned out great! I've never been able to build an imaginary or customized aircraft of any kind for some reason. I guess I'm too much of a realist. You, however have a great imagination and some pretty good modeling skills.

I may just have to go hack up a couple stealth fighters and an X15. Or make a modern stealth SR71 with all the sharp angles.

Wow, this turned out great! I've never been able to build an imaginary or customized aircraft of any kind for some reason. I guess I'm too much of a realist. You, however have a great imagination and some pretty good modeling skills.

I may just have to go hack up a couple stealth fighters and an X15. Or make a modern stealth SR71 with all the sharp angles.

Thanks for the kind words Ken!

Looking forward to seeing your Custom Aircraft Builds... B)