Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda hemi convertible.

om617

Thought i`d just post it as finish before i was tempted to throw it in the dumpster. Did so many errors and faults i could write several pages on it,but i`ll cut it short. I forgot to paint mirrors,messed up decals for the interiour,forgot to paint the underside of the hood,wrong color on the radiator beam,forgot to paint the top of the front housing the lights,grill etc. I painted the shaker in the same color as the surrounding of the grill,but the paint was really weird,like it got sand in it. So i stripped it,then painted it satin black,with flat black gasket,but this paint was weird too,it was only flat on spots and i stired the can really good before paint,so it`s in strip right now. :wacko: And to top it all,i was painting an Chrysler 300C the other day,the Cuda was getting clear on the same day. It was in the same room,but far away from where i painted the Chrysler. Even so,it`s full of paint dust from i was painting the Chrysler,the list go on and on and on <_<

The paint is Tamiya.

Decals i found on parts on Ebay.

Tires are from Revell 69 Charger.

Wheels are from Scenes Unlimited.

Plug wires are Hobby Design. I do not recomend these,way to stiff.

Radiator hose from Scale Production.

Heater hose,i dont remember.

Plates and quarter decals are from 71 Cuda Street Machine,MPC?

Some photos. Thanks for looking.

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by om617