Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 275 GTB/4 Spyder

jaymcminn

The "Italian fella" would be Luigi Chinetti,the North American importer of Ferrari automobiles at the time.

Chinetti was a truly fascinating figure in Ferrari history... Enzo, especially in the early days, just didn't get that rich people would be lining up to buy his noisy, cramped, hot, impractical machines. Chinetti, on,the other hand, understood the mystique of Ferrari's cars better than Ferrari himself did.He not only showed Ferrari that that an American market existed but was directly responsible for some of the finest examples of Ferrari road cars... the 250 California Spyder, the 275 NART Spyder, and the Daytona Spyder were all his idea, as well as any number of custom-bodied early cars.

Edited by jaymcminn

I keep coming back to this thread to look at your Ferrari Jason - it is fantastic!

Do you have any tips on painting wood effect - as you have done on the steering wheel rim?

I start off with a red-brown base color, such as Testors Acryl Red Earth. I then mix some black into the base color and dry-brush the dark "grain". I finish up with a coat of Acryl Clear Orange to blend the colors and add some depth. It's actually a pretty quick and easy process. Thanks!

I was watching an episode of "Chasing Classic Cars" yesterday -- a 275 NART spyder sold at auction last August for $27.5 million -- the highest price ever paid for a Ferrari, or for any car sold at a public sale in the U.S.

OOPS -- I was checking to see if this had been brought up and I missed post #18. Anyway, the following article is interesting...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-18/ferrari-nart-spyder-sets-27-5-million-auction-record.html

Edited by sjordan2