Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 shoebox Chevy sportsman

geetee66

Here's one I built a year or two ago.

It's basically box-stock, with a PE harness, steering wheel and Dzus fasteners..
I decided to match the box-art and when I build the SoffSeal 57 Chevy version which I have waiting for me on the shelf, I'll add a lot more detail.

I hope you like it

IMG_5442-1.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

And an alu tube driveshaft..

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

beautiful! nice and clean. what color and type of paint did you use?

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Al, I used rattle-can paint (I've not got around to investing in an airbrush/compressor yet)

The paint is Rover Tara Green Metallic, from a store here called Halford's. I topped it with clear and wet-sanded it, before giving it a jolly good rub with polish.

I stand in my back yard, hold the object at arm's length and hit it with warmed-up paint. 4-5 coats of colour at 15 minute intervals. First couple of coats are light and the final one is wet. Same with the clear. I find this reduces orange peel quite well.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Al, I used rattle-can paint (I've not got around to investing in an airbrush/compressor yet)

The paint is Rover Tara Green Metallic, from a store here called Halford's. I topped it with clear and wet-sanded it, before giving it a jolly good rub with polish.

I stand in my back yard, hold the object at arm's length and hit it with warmed-up paint. 4-5 coats of colour at 15 minute intervals. First couple of coats are light and the final one is wet. Same with the clear. I find this reduces orange peel quite well.

thanks Guy, beautiful. gotta tough with those "jolly good" rattle cans. beautiful.

I love that, "jolly good".

I know about the warming of the paint, just too lazy to run upstairs and warm it up, and it shows on my paint jobs.